Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lisamie
    • Apr 2002

How do I convert UBB to VBB?

Recently, I have purchased the installation to the VBB and now need to know hwo to convert my UBB. I do not wish to start all over, too many valued posts and members. IS there an easy way, or just a way that can be explained to me in very elementary detail?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • andrewpfeifer
    • Oct 2000
    • 3.5.x

There is a conversion script in the Members Area.
    - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• lisamie
      • Apr 2002

Thank you so much for your response.

I did download the importer thingy.....but now what?

Unfortunately, I am not understanding the directions. Would I use the ws-ftp program to upload it in this "forums"? I can actually do uploads from my server, but what is my exact next step?
      Last edited by lisamie; Fri 14 Jun '02, 7:17pm.

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
        • Oct 2000
        • 3.5.x

You need to upload the conversion file to the root directory of your vB. Then you can run it from the Admin CP.
        - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Actually as per the instructions:

To install these scripts, extract the files and upload into a directory called "importers" on your vBulletin forums root directory. Once you have finished, be sure to delete these scripts again.
          What version of UBB are you upgrading from? Do you have any hacks installed on your UBB?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lisamie
            • Apr 2002

Thank you so much for your reply's. Now to learn how to insert hacks in my ubb If only it was possible to just hire someone to do this for me...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

You don't need to install any hacks on your UBB...

Once you have the importers FTPed to your website, log in to your Admin control panel. Scroll down on the left to "BB Import Systems". Select your UBB version from the resulting list and follow the on-screen instructions.

It is all very easy once you start.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lisamie
                • Apr 2002

Does it take a while for it to recognize it, or am I still doing it wrong?

I created a directory "importers" and uploaded the import in there. Should it be uploaded as "import.ziP" I did both, uploaded as "import.zip" and as "importers" in this new directory and the vb import system is still not recognizing it. I get the feeling that I am going to see it and feel read dumb because it will be so easy. we shall see. What is it htat I am missing. Am I missing the whole point completely?

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
                  • Oct 2000
                  • 3.5.x

You need to get the files out of the .zip, and upload those files to /importers/.
                  - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• lisamie
                    • Apr 2002

oh, ok, thank y ou so much, you all are the greatest.

Off to manually unzip these files, LOL.

My unzip program got destroyed, LOL, oh boy i am a mess today.

Thak you all for all your support.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by lisamie
                      Thank you so much for your reply's. Now to learn how to insert hacks in my ubb
                      FYI, the reason I asked about hacks is sometimes a hack may interfere with the import process. It's actually a *good* thing if you don't have any hacks installed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lisamie
                        • Apr 2002

You all are such champs. I think I am starting to get the hang of these baby steps, LOL.

Anyhow, I got the importer thingy to work, but it is the wrong version of ubb. My version is the 6.1.0.3 and the version I imported was 5.4.6

I went to the vbulletin.org to look for the right script, but am having problems navigating.

Thank you so much an advance, for and yet, another delima in the world of Lisa, LOL.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

The import.zip file is in the Members Area and contains all the official import scripts, including bbimport_ubb5.php for UBB 5.x and bbimport_ubb6.php for UBB 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• lisamie
                            • Apr 2002

I don't know what it is that I am doing htat is making this so difficult, but.....here it is.

This morning, I deleted the bbimport.php off my server and re-unziped it, and re-uploaded it.

Now my server is acting really funky. I can't even get to the part where it does say "import systems" Keeps saying action cancelled. Nothing seems to be working. Now when I go to my website messageboard (the ubb) it gives me a big ole error....

Could not perform buffered print() to '/www/htdocs/ubb/ubb/cache-W5UM3UDN/ubb_files/summary/summary.html', handleglob is 'GLOB(0x82003ac)', error returned by OS is: 'Disk quota exceeded', length of print requested is: '45767', backtrace is:
                            What does this mean? Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your patience

Comment

• filburt1
                              • Feb 2002

Sounds like you're out of disk space with your host. Try deleting junk you don't need anymore (don't delete UBB/vB's stuff).
                              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...