X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrHorror
    • Nov 2010

Need help with my board

Our forum : http://www.hmandsforums.byethost8.com/forums/index.php

Okay so I want to do multiple things here so please bare with me. I'm new to this vbulletin thing.

The links for each board? I want to make those red. The thread links, like for example the one that says testing? I wanna make those red also.

Where it says user cp, faq community, etc? I wanna change the color of the background of that. From it's purplish blue color, to something else.

Above that, where it says horrormoviesandstuffmessageboard? I wanna change that purplish/blue color to something else.

The vbulletin logo above that? Where do I go to remove that and put my own logo? Also, is there any way that I could put a google adsense ad right next to the logo in that spot?

The cells of my forum, where the forum descriptions are, where it says NEVER, -, 0, etc...I wanna make all four of those colored black. Meanwhile...how can I change the color of the forum descriptions, and the BY TODAY 6:47 PM text to white?

Also the .maintitle and .titlemedium, where it reads forum, last post, thread, posts, I wanna replace that whole row with an image behind the words. And below that, the block where STRICTLY HORROR sits on for example? I wanna replace that with an image. Both are currently dark blue and purple.

I also wanna add a notice in between the forum, and the user cp above it. A welcome message and such. How do I do that?

How would I add an adsense ad above that notice? And how would I add an adsense ad at the bottom of the forum, below CONTACT US HORRORMOVIESANDSTUFFMESSAGEBOARD?

How do I change the board time to EST (Eastern Standard)?

How do I replace the new posts/no new posts icons with icons of my own choosing?

The gray part that sits behind the white pad on our board? How can I replace that color with an image or change the color altogether?

How could I get a LATEST POSTS box to show up above my board?

That is all. Sorry.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You may be interested in these color maps in the manual. They should help you figure out which colors to change - http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...rsion=30806601

logo - upload your own, then go to Style Manager > find your style > Stylevars and there is a place to enter the path to your logo. (The StyleVars Editor)

To add notices, read this - Notices

For ads, read this - Advertising

Time is in vboptions > Date & Time Options > Default Time Zone Offset

For post icons, see this - Post Icons - for Status Icons (which I think is actually what you may have meant), simple replace the existing ones (in images/statusicons) or create a new folder with them in there and enter the path in Style Manager > find your style > Stylevars > Status Icon folder

To get Latest Posts to show on the page, you'll have to modify your site. For help with that, you need to go to vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Deathjam
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MrHorror
      I also wanna add a notice in between the forum, and the user cp above it. A welcome message and such. How do I do that?

While notices will allow you place text between the forum and the navbar, there is a welcome message already in that space.

Welcome to the horrormoviesandstuffmessageboard.
      If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
      You can either remove that area of text(well i think a small template edit is needed) then you can just use notices for your welcome text. sorry i can't remember the details for which template to edit to remove that text at the moment,

Or you can edit the text already there to suit your needs, it is stored in a phrase, to get to it:

in your admincp

Languages & Phrases > Search in Phrases

Search for "first_visit_message"

Set the Search in ... area to "Phrase Variable Name Only" and click find, it should be the only result that shows up
      My Site: INFJs.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...