X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumbo-mumbo
    • Dec 2007

[Forum] Why two users tables ?

Hello,

I just wanted to know why there are two tables for users ? I have one called USER and another one called VB_USER .. both of them look same, different size.

Do we need both of them ?
  • BBR-APBT
    • Nov 2005

Looks like you have two installs in one database. You installed one installation under the VB_ prefix and one with out a prefix.

Do you have doubles of everything?
    My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
    If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
    In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

Nope, you dont both in vbulletin.

Are you using a table prefix ?

If not - does one of the tables belong to a modification you have installed ?
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BBR-APBT
        Looks like you have two installs in one database. You installed one installation under the VB_ prefix and one with out a prefix.

Do you have doubles of everything?
        No I only got user and thread without VB_ infront .

Originally posted by Paul M
        Nope, you dont both in vbulletin.

Are you using a table prefix ?

If not - does one of the tables belong to a modification you have installed ?
        Yes, I guess I am using table prefix..This is what it says in config.php file
        Code:
            //    ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
            //    Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
        $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'vb_';
        I think vb credits are using user's table, but when I tried to change it to vb_user it says no table found..

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by jumbo-mumbo
          Yes, I guess I am using table prefix..This is what it says in config.php file
          Yep, the vb_users is your vbulletin users table.

Originally posted by jumbo-mumbo
          I think vb credits are using user's table, but when I tried to change it to vb_user it says no table found..
          Dont know anything about vb credits, but I would have thought it would use the vb users table.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
            • Dec 2007

well, I checked vb credit setting it appears to be using user table instead of vb_user (VB Creadits unable to functioning properly)...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

You will need to try installing it again so that it edits the vb_user table rather than create it's own.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Darkwaltz4
                • Dec 2003

vBCredits absolutely does not create any user tables. The setting you are looking at also includes a setting directly below that called "Use the vBulletin table prefix" which is enabled by default and combines with the "user" to arrive at the accurate table "vb_user". According to the screenshot you posted on my site, you have that enabled correctly. If any of this were incorrect, you would be getting database errors about the table not existing.

This post is just to alert you that the vBCredits inclusion is thoroughly a red herring, thanks

Comment