X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MicroHellas
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin - XenForo: Competitors or Affiliates

Don't be confuse by the title. I know the full story by reading the Adrian's post for the IB lawsuit against XenForo. I'm not a lawyer so I'll not say anything about licenses etc. What confuses me (and many other vB users that I talked about) is how is possible active Administrators and Moderators at vB.org to be at the same time not only active members at XenForo community forums, but also to support it by posting AddOns and Plugins? Am I missing something? They even use the same nicknames and avatars to be easily recognized.

So, what's the truth?

Maria
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MicroHellas; Sun 10 Oct '10, 10:21am. Reason: S
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

The admins, mods on vb.org aren't employed by IB, they can do what they want.
    But the secret is, Paul was sent over there to convince people coming back again.
    To gain trust he throw out some bones.
    Last edited by Ramsesx; Sun 10 Oct '10, 10:09am.

Comment

• punchbowl
      • Nov 2006
      • 4.0.x

In the last days of the goldrush competing spade shops didn't tell anyone there was no more gold. No, instead they sold spades and kept quiet about the gold.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Its a secret... they are trying to infiltrate and enter behind enemy lines. The war seems to be going well, but for who? We do not know, but keep quite or someone will figure out whats going on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shoosh.gif
Views:	1
Size:	206 Bytes
ID:	3680296

Comment

• MicroHellas
          • Sep 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
          The admins, mods on vb.org aren't employed by IB, they can do what they want.
          But the secret is, Paul was sent over there to convince people coming back again.
          To gain trust he throw out some bones.
          I didn't said that they're IB employes. But they moderate an official IB site. They also provide support at vb.com. Its normal for users, coders and designers to be anywhere they like. But I don't think the officers to be able to do it. Simple because with their actions to push users to the other side.

Also check the screenshoot and note their registration date. They're from the first members there!! Pitty that I will be away the net for a long time so I can't follow this discussion.

Maria

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

There's an easy test for your conspiracy: Have you seen any actual vb.com staff posting actively over there?

*edit* Join Dates on a brand new shiny software are meaningless. Everyone joined up there early to keep an eye on things. My join date there is only 1 day after Paul's.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Ramsesx
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MicroHellas
              I didn't said that they're IB employes. But they moderate an official IB site. They also provide support at vb.com. Its normal for users, coders and designers to be anywhere they like. But I don't think the officers to be able to do it. Simple because with their actions to push users to the other side.

Also check the screenshoot and note their registration date. They're from the first members there!! Pitty that I will be away the net for a long time so I can't follow this discussion.
              Maria
              You are totally right, it's a shame, shame, shame. They are all betrayers and should be banned asap.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Developers do have discussions with other platforms Devs... So I read somewhere in a thread long ago. That is not strange to see anyone join, post, help in another script... ( Unless it is written in own contract )

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by MicroHellas

Maria
                  They don't have to dedicate themselves to just vBulletin. If they were only allowed to use and program for vBulletin because they're staff at vB.org, then I can guarantee they would've left years ago.
                  Last edited by Ryan Ashbrook; Sun 10 Oct '10, 11:00am. Reason: their != they're
                  Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                    You are totally right, it's a shame, shame, shame. They are all betrayers and should be banned asap.
                    Uh oh...

But honestly, some of us are coders also. I know I've written a few mods for xf (although I'm not posting them) just because I want to see what it's like to code using xf. Nothing wrong with that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 1.1.x

Glad your back 'MicroHellas' and hope you do feel better after. Like I said within pm, I do so miss your modifications and hope to see more. Yours are fresh and well made.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                        Uh oh...

But honestly, some of us are coders also. I know I've written a few mods for xf (although I'm not posting them) just because I want to see what it's like to code using xf. Nothing wrong with that.
                        Lynne, I forgot to add the ironic tag, it wasn't meant serious.

Comment

• napy8gen
                          • Jul 2001
                          • 6.X

Originally posted by Lynne
                          Uh oh...

so what is your honest opinion Lynne on the lawsuit?
                          Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• Ace
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by napy8gen
                            If you were involved in a lawsuit, would you allow your employees to comment on their opinions of it?
                            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Lynne
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by napy8gen
                              I have No Comment, thank you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...