New to the system and huge task to do (impex various sites into 2 vbulletin licenses)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sblade
    • Jun 2010

[CMS] New to the system and huge task to do (impex various sites into 2 vbulletin licenses)

Hi there.

I´m Sblade, and I´m here because I need directions about how to import 1 joomla site and one SMF into Vbulletin Publishing suite.

The Joomla will be imported to the CMS and the SMF to the Vbulletin forum. I´ve read the documentation of the impex but I´m still having my doubts about how to do it.

First the CMS import? or the forum? what is the "clean" that needs to be done after each import?

After I´m done with this task I´ll import another joomla site into another Vbulletin license....

and the great problem is this....

Merging registration from the 2 Vbulletin sites

All help, private or public is appreciated

Regards
    Sblade
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

The 'clean' is to remove import IDs from your database. Please see this page regarding multiple imports:

It shouldn't really matter which you do first. Test it out a few times to get a feel for it before you do it 'for real', that way you'll have an idea of what to expect.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Sblade
      • Jun 2010

XXXXX site:

Joomla Dutch 1.5.15 with module Kunema forum Installed version: Kunena 1.5.9 | 2010-01-23 | 1869 [ Susurrate ]

YYY site (2 formats) Joomla English 1.5.15

PRism SMF 1.1.11

The English Joomla will go to the CMS part of the Vbulletin and the SMF will go into the forum part of the Vbulletin

any hints about merging registration of 2 Vbulletin licenses when I´m done importing?

Comment

• Sblade
        • Jun 2010

I think I wasn´t clear in my question...

When I´m done importing the 2 sites I would like that every time that there is a registration in one site, it registers automatically in the other site

Comment

• Sblade
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          The 'clean' is to remove import IDs from your database. Please see this page regarding multiple imports:

It shouldn't really matter which you do first. Test it out a few times to get a feel for it before you do it 'for real', that way you'll have an idea of what to expect.
          Where and how I should test the imports if I can install the Vbulletin license just 1 time? How I can set up the tests? Can I change the url´s of my 2 licenses when I´m done via support request?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...