Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gord
    • Aug 2006

[Forum] Open PM in current window

I recently upgraded to vb4, fairly smoothly. One little glitch I've noticed, however, is the following:

A new PM arrives; the user clicks OK to view, and then selects Cancel to view in current window: this gives a white error screen: HTTP 404 Not Found

(The Web page cannot be found etc etc)

The process works fine if you choose to view the new PM in a new window.

Any advice on why this might be happening?

Thanks
    Last edited by Gord; Mon 14 Jun '10, 2:08am.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Gord
      • Aug 2006

Thanks Trevor.

That's quite a list of tasks for one wee problem. I'll set aside some time to do it this evening. Interestingly, not all users have this problem I just discovered ... so it might just be the browser cache ... ? I hope so, because my plugins are integral to the site and I don't want to have to do without them. And I have a skin/style which I'm not willing to disregard.
      Last edited by Gord; Mon 14 Jun '10, 3:03am.

Comment

• Gord
        • Aug 2006

The suspect files tool produced a long list of items ... some clearly related to plugins like vbulletin, some related to vbulletin itself which is odd since I just loaded the latest package last week. I've attached some screen shots to illustrate. Click image for larger version

Name:	part1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	3679440Click image for larger version

Name:	part3.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	3679438Click image for larger version

Name:	part4.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	3679437Click image for larger version

Name:	part2.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	3679439

Can I clarify your advice, Trevor. Are you saying that PM pop-ups won't work properly so long as I have vbadvanced (my main plugin) working?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

If you've got a lot of the default vBulletin files showing on that list then you need to download a fresh copy for the version you're running and re-upload these (except includes/config.php.new and install/install.php).
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Gord
            • Aug 2006

ok thanks. Major bleedin headache though ...
            maybe i'll just disallow popups

also ... I'm at a loss as to what might have happened ... the files I'm using I uploaded only last week ... is the implication that they have been corrupted in some way? surely not ...
            alternatively there has been interference from either vbadvanced or the style/skin i've selected. If this is the case, then I'd rather switch off popups than do without vbadvanced or the skin ...

I'm weirded out ....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...