• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin 4.0 Documentation

Hello,

The vBulletin 4.0 Documentation is now online at http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/. It is viewable both online and downloadable as a single page. This is an ongoing project that will be continued to be improved heavily over the next few days as additional sections are brought online. Currently the majority of the documentation is online though.

What's Included Now:
    • Most Manual entries updated for the new version. I may have missed some in the system.
    • All vBulletin Options (Settings > Options) for vBulletin 4.0.3 except Blog.
    • Advertising
    • Basic CMS Documentation. Will be continually expanded.
    • Updated Style Reference - includes documentation on the new template syntax and updated information on conditionals

What's Coming:

• Blog Options (Settings -> Options)
    • Comprehensive Stylevar Dictionary - This is a graphical list of every stylevar in the sytem. I expect this to be finished in the next couple of days. This is similar to the colormaps found in previous documentation. For now, please see the General Stylevar section here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/s...tainer_general
    • Template Dictionary - A graphical list of which templates are used to build most pages in a vBulletin System. This is a completely new reference document.

What's Missing:

• Documentation on how to create collapsible objects. Will be returning shortly.
    • Documentation on how to create custom popup menus. Will also be returning shortly.

What's Next?

Next I would like to expand the documentation with more FAQ style articles on how different things work including a Getting Started section for those brand new to vBulletin. These articles will be more hands on instead of just describing the features. We are also looking to expand developer documentation for future versions.

Also please be sure to check out the FAQ that ships with vBulletin Publishing Suite 4.0.3. It includes new CMS sections that provide graphical instructions on how to create articles, edit sections and so forth. I hope to improve the FAQ over the next few versions with more information.

If you find an issue with anything in the documentation please let me know via private message on the vBulletin.com website.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...