X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitash
    • Mar 2010

Problem With Members Page! Please Help

Hi there,
    My board has a sudden problem. The members page is not working. I did not do any changes whatsoever. I also contacted vBseo support but they have given up! Please check them members page example
    http://www.techspott.com/members/robertbell.html

Amitash
  • amitash
    • Mar 2010

Bump

Please help.. Im a valid License holder

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

First Guess, problem with a plug-in.

Disable your plug-ins via config.php and see if the error goes away.

Add the following line to config.php, save the file and try the page again.

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If the error goes away, it's a plug-in - if not, it's something else.

If it is a plug-in, what plug-ins do you have that impact the member profile pages?
      To be updated...

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

I also contacted vBseo support but they have given up
        Hi amitash,

That's not entirely accurate.

We're actually waiting on you to provide further information... we're even still trying to assist after you advised that the issue still occurs with vBSEO switched off.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• amitash
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ENF
          First Guess, problem with a plug-in.

Disable your plug-ins via config.php and see if the error goes away.

Add the following line to config.php, save the file and try the page again.

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If the error goes away, it's a plug-in - if not, it's something else.

If it is a plug-in, what plug-ins do you have that impact the member profile pages?
          After doing this it worked but the css and images were missing.. it worked just like a plain html page

Hi amitash,

That's not entirely accurate.

We're actually waiting on you to provide further information... we're even still trying to assist after you advised that the issue still occurs with vBSEO switched off.
          I know vbseo was trying to assist me. But i just did not visit vbseo.com after i found out that it was not due to vbseo!

Comment

• ENF
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by amitash
            After doing this it worked but the css and images were missing.. it worked just like a plain html page
            Now, remove that line from your config.php to enable plug-ins again then from your Product Manager, disable each plug-in one-by-one until you isolate which plug-in is the culprit.

After you find the culprit plug-in, keep it disabled until you can get support from the author to fix it. (Or, just remove it... if you can't get it fixed.)

Good Luck.
            To be updated...

Comment

• amitash
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ENF
              Now, remove that line from your config.php to enable plug-ins again then from your Product Manager, disable each plug-in one-by-one until you isolate which plug-in is the culprit.

After you find the culprit plug-in, keep it disabled until you can get support from the author to fix it. (Or, just remove it... if you can't get it fixed.)

Good Luck.
              I did all the disabling and found out the culprit was vbseo... What should i do .. It was working well with the same vbseo version.. I am using vbseo 3.50 RC2.. Shall i download a stable release and try?

Comment

• ENF
                • Apr 2002

I did all the disabling and found out the culprit was vbseo... What should i do .. It was working well with the same vbseo version.. I am using vbseo 3.50 RC2.. Shall i download a stable release and try?
                I was afraid that was coming... We have vbSEO as well and I've not encountered this error. It could not hurt to backup your vbSEO settings and do a clean install of the latest version to see if that fixes the problem.

I'm no expert on the inner-workings of vbSEO, I'm still gathering knowledge on it so that I can better understand it.

In the end, vbSEO Staff would be the best to help you fix this or remove vbSEO until the issue can be resolved fully.

Good Luck.
                To be updated...

Comment

• amitash
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ENF
                  I was afraid that was coming... We have vbSEO as well and I've not encountered this error. It could not hurt to backup your vbSEO settings and do a clean install of the latest version to see if that fixes the problem.

I'm no expert on the inner-workings of vbSEO, I'm still gathering knowledge on it so that I can better understand it.

In the end, vbSEO Staff would be the best to help you fix this or remove vbSEO until the issue can be resolved fully.

Good Luck.
                  Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I will use vbseo support system!

Comment

• ENF
                    • Apr 2002

Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I will use vbseo support system!
                    I do apologize for not being able to help resolve it fully here.
                    To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...