Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • testbot
    • Feb 2009

[Forum] 4.0.2 Styling Messed Up in IE

It seems to be fine in Firefox, Opera & Chrome but IE is even more jacked up than in 4.0.1. *sigh*

Attached: Three images showing incorrect spacing and color changes. All hooks disabled and using the default template with absolutely zero edits.

IE 7.0.6

I really hope this is something on my end because I'm spending too much time on these upgrades and I don't want to be frustrated with vBulletin.
    Attached Files
  • testbot
    • Feb 2009

I feel bad for you Lynne. It's like we're going backwards here and the developers are just releasing the code with out testing it or something. This is unreal. We went from 100+ members on to 34 members after todays upgrade to 4.0.2.

Anyway, another IE issue, see attached. There's a giant H scroll bar.

Once again this is a template with zero edits and all hooks disabled.

This is pretty much ruining my day lol
    Attached Files

Comment

• Fly
      • Oct 2003

I'm so torn. I want them to fix this obvious stuff quickly. But even delaying the release a week, apparently 4.0.2 was rushed...

Comment

• Janmaat
        • Mar 2008

I have the same problem in IE7/6

Comment

• testbot
          • Feb 2009

i'm so frustrated right now

Comment

• Fly
            • Oct 2003

There is a bug posted for this. But, of course, no dev comments or assignments last time I checked.

Comment

• testbot
              • Feb 2009

oh so technically now all responses can be "It's been reported so you might see a fix in 4.0.3 six months from now." did anyone even look at the pages in IE before the code was released?

i'm trying to be cool about this and i haven't said anything bad about vb4 but i'm starting to feel like this is one of the worst upgrade paths i've ever experienced with any company.

i've been in IT for a very long time and have dealt with hundreds of vendors and this is getting out of hand. forums are already a dying breed due to social networking sites so it doesn't take much to piss members off enough to quit. of course there will always be the loyal core but what good is a forum with 50 core members.

sorry, i had to get that off of my chest.

Comment

• go2
                • Mar 2009
                • 3.8.x

Unbelievable we have paid and wait so much time to still have again a product full of bugs... what to say yet, congrats great job!!

Comment

• Fly
                  • Oct 2003

This makes me miss the old days when Steve Machol woud tell me "Turn off all plugins and try on a default vB skin."

Comment

• Mike4Kayla
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by go2
                    Unbelievable we have paid and wait so much time to still have again a product full of bugs... what to say yet, congrats great job!!
                    Very true the only thing we can do guys is Drop the V4.0 and go back to V3.8 until VB get their act together the Company will end up Bust.. We need some more developement people to design a Forum like VB maybe for the same price and we'd join them, Just they need to make sure nothing is copyrighted to VB..

Until they pick their butts up and put them in gear no-one i repeat no-one will be buying another licence from VBulletin.

Comment

• Fly
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mike4Kayla
                      Very true the only thing we can do guys is Drop the V4.0 and go back to V3.8 until VB get their act together the Company will end up Bust.. We need some more developement people to design a Forum like VB maybe for the same price and we'd join them, Just they need to make sure nothing is copyrighted to VB..

Until they pick their butts up and put them in gear no-one i repeat no-one will be buying another licence from VBulletin.
                      That grass movement stuff is great and all, but we've all already bought a license... I have no doubt that they are working long hours on this. The problem is that it isn't enough,

Comment

• Mike4Kayla
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Fly
                        That grass movement stuff is great and all, but we've all already bought a license... I have no doubt that they are working long hours on this. The problem is that it isn't enough,
                        I Agree for £125 to be honnest we havent sed a good thing about it lol

What happened to "The customer is always right" stuff they surely havent listened to us with VB4.0.1
                        Last edited by Mike4Kayla; Thu 18 Feb '10, 2:45pm.

Comment

• testbot
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fly
                          This makes me miss the old days when Steve Machol woud tell me "Turn off all plugins and try on a default vB skin."
                          it's always the first thing i do before asking for help lol

Comment

• testbot
                            • Feb 2009

What happened to "The customer is always right" stuff they surely havent listened to us with VB4.0.1
                            companies don't believe in "the customer is always right" anymore. it's very rare that they do. they feel they can tell you how and when you have to buy something and if you don't like it too bad. companies that start going back to the good ol' "the customer is always right" will win customers very easily. i'm not just talking about vbulletin either.

Comment

• Fly
                              • Oct 2003

Well, the problem is that they obviously rushed vb4 out. Which means they have to rush 4.0.1 to fix bugs, which means they have to rush 4.0.2, ad nauseum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...