Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bergler
    • Dec 2006

[vB4] Social Group Picture(s) display number

How do you change the amount of pictures displayed in a social group? I have adjusted the the forum width and the default 5 pictures is to many, need to change to 4, see here http://www.flyfishbc.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3 Also how would you change the thumbnail size in social groups as well? Thanks in advance!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

This is actually hardcoded in the file group.php. Around line 2199 is the query. It starts with the line:
    Code:
                $pictures_sql = $db->query_read_slave("
    and at the end it says:
    Code:
                    LIMIT 5
    So, I think you would have to change that to 4. (Not tried... try it on a test site.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Bergler
      • Dec 2006

Thanks Lynne you rock, worked like a charm!! Now I must figure out how to change thumbnail size!

Does this have something to do with it?
      Code:
      SELECT
                          a.attachmentid, a.userid, a.caption, a.dateline,
                          fd.filesize, fd.thumbnail_filesize, fd.thumbnail_dateline, fd.thumbnail_width, fd.thumbnail_height, 
                          [COLOR=Red]IF(fd.thumbnail_filesize > 0, 1, 0)[/COLOR] AS hasthumbnail,  user.username
                          $hook_query_fields
      Last edited by Bergler; Tue 2 Feb '10, 11:50am.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I thought thumbnail size was set in vboptions > message attachment options > thumbnail size.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Bergler
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lynne
          I thought thumbnail size was set in vboptions > message attachment options > thumbnail size.
          Isn't that the thumbnail size for the attachments? Anyways the thumbnail size is smaller than in message attachment options > thumbnail size.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

It is the newattachment.php page that you click on to upload pictures to the albums which is why I figured the thumbnails were the same. Mine are all 100 wide which is the size of my thumbnails. Are you sure your's aren't the same?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...