Article thumbnail preview not showing if image is attached (in cms homepage)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fer_75
    • May 2007

[CMS] Article thumbnail preview not showing if image is attached (in cms homepage)

Hi,

When I add image to my articles I can see the thumbnail preview only if the image is not attched, just posted like this:

HTML Code:
    [IMG ]http ://www.site.com/images/articles/newyr09.jpg[/IMG]
    That ways works perfect

But if upload the image from my PC, the image get attached and I dont get the preview thumbnail in the cms main page, i just get a text link to image: "attachment" : see the scrennshoot attached.

code looks like this:

HTML Code:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]70[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	3714413

What is wrong here, please help.
  • Ferrari27
    • Jan 2010

Enable the enhanced WYSISWG editor and use the insert image button instead of attach, no idea why it does not work with attach I had the same problems

Comment

• fer_75
      • May 2007

Thank you, where can I Enable the enhanced WYSISWG editor?

Comment

• Ferrari27
        • Jan 2010

In admincp>settings>options>message posting interface options, enable the standard and WYSIWYG in the full editor.

Then when you go back to making a article or post look in the top right of the editor for a box with a/A (see attach) in it, click this to switch to full WYSIWYG, you can also set it to default in your profile forum options, once you do this you will see the add picture options have changed and when you add a imaged you will see a pencil on the image and you can set its properties.

Also you might get a blank page being served once you save a article, seems like its a bug but refresh and you will see it saved fine
        Attached Files

Comment

• angeljs
          • Jun 2008
          • 3.7.x

I'm having the same problem. Article preview images will only show up if they are linked to and not attached, and I do have the full editor enabled, but nothing seems to work.

Comment

• Ferrari27
            • Jan 2010

Did you use the insert image button instead of the attach? Most of my problems with the CMS images went away when I moved the attachments out of the database and into the file system. Now even when I insert an attach inline it shows in the preview.

Comment

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ferrari27
              Did you use the insert image button instead of the attach? Most of my problems with the CMS images went away when I moved the attachments out of the database and into the file system. Now even when I insert an attach inline it shows in the preview.
              Still have the issue even when moving the attachments to file system and even when attaching inline... annoying as hell. No issues when linking to an image on another site, driving me crazy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...