Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal_
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Viewing thread text is narrowed?

Something I've noticed in thread posts now with 4.0.1 is that the text is not wrapping properly. It's narrowed instead of extending the full width of the thread post section. When editing a thread like this, the editor also is narrowed instead of full width.

It's happening on this site too, it comes and goes. Like I just edited this thread, and it was narrow, after I edited it, it went to full width. It doesn't look right in a number of my threads.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

There's a few threads on this already - This will be fixed in 4.0.2. To fix this just now, find this code in the postbit or postbit_legacy template depending on which you use:

Code:
    <div class="content<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>">
    and change it to this:

Code:
    <div class="content<!--<vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown'] || $post['islastshown']"> has_ad</vb:if>-->">
    If you subsequently want to place an ad in there, simply uncomment that section out.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Eternal_
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I'm not sure if I use postbit or postbit_legacy. When I searched the templates for that code you posted, both the postbit and postbit_legacy showed up, so I guess I use them both?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

posbit_legacy is the style we use on here (user info to the left, post to the right).

postbit is the style where user info is horizontal across the top of the post viewing area.

It's a choice that's available in AdminCP
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...