4.0 to 4.0.1 upgrade and major problem.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ps2wiz
    • Feb 2004

[Forum] 4.0 to 4.0.1 upgrade and major problem.

I simply did the usual upgrade procedure, and afterwards I started having this awkward, but major problem.

Let's say I type in my username and password for the AdminCP, I click enter. All is well, then the loading page comes up that says "Thank you for logging in" and right below it is the usual button that states "Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you. Well, right after this screen is where my problem is. For whatever reason, the browser redirects me to a URL with a back slash after the domain name. For example, it looks like this:

Code:
    http://domain.com\/admincp/index.php
    Obviously it does not load, and I get a server not found error. So I just simply remove the backslash and the AdminCP loads like usual.

NOW, this isn't the only time this mysterious backslash appears. I get the same backslash that appears after I click submit to post a new thread. I get an error, so then I manually remove the backslash for the URL and the thread is posted like normal?

And yes, I did disable all my plugins.
  • Terry2424
    • Aug 2008
    • 3.8.x

This just happened to me, I am currently copying the files and re-upgrading again to see if it will fix it.

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

Just covered this in another thread a short time ago....

Originally posted by Myself
      Open & Edit ../includes/class_core.php

Replace this line: (Search for dirname to find the correct line)
      define('VB_URL_SCRIPT_PATH', rtrim(dirname($url_info['script']), '/') . '/');

With this one:
      define('VB_URL_SCRIPT_PATH', rtrim(str_replace('\\','',dirname($url_info['script'])), '/') . '/');

Can't believe this same issue popped up again on a maintenance release.

Source Information
      This should be the answer you are looking for. This bug appeared in beta versions and was fixed, the 4.0.1 release brought it back. (New install or upgrade, same results on Windows servers.)
      To be updated...

Comment

• chainspell
        • Jan 2010

i was thinking of upgrading... but i think ill wait until much later.. when i really need to. i see alot of ppl experiencing problems.

Comment

• ps2wiz
          • Feb 2004

Thanks for the help guys, that fixed my problem. Much appreciated.

But boy does this make me unhappy, especially under the circumstances that this is a product I paid for along with this bug being fixed in a previous version but now coming back?!

Not to mention the fact that I simultaneously contacted support about this, and they have yet to answer.

If my VB4 forum was already live, I would have lost a lot of revenue and traffic.

Comment

• CBo
            • Dec 2009
            • 3.8.x

I've got exactly the same problem!
            I try to change this and hope this solves the problem!

Comment

• CBo
              • Dec 2009
              • 3.8.x

It solved my problem! Thanks!

Comment

• Terry2424
                • Aug 2008
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ENF
                Just covered this in another thread a short time ago....

This should be the answer you are looking for. This bug appeared in beta versions and was fixed, the 4.0.1 release brought it back. (New install or upgrade, same results on Windows servers.)

Thank you very much!

That fix works great.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...