X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archaic
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.8.x

[Suite] Errors on forum after upgrade

Thankfully, my problems happened on a cloned database of my live forums, so hopefully I'll be able to get some help here and figure things out before I try this for real. Not entirely certain that these errors aren't because of using a cloned database in a different directory though.

What I did was upload the vB4 files to a new directory for testing purposes, using the config.php.new from that package and copying over settings from the live forum, except for database settings which got the stuff from the test forum. Since it was a fresh upload with no vB3.8.4 files, I couldn't login to the admin panel first to shut things off, so I simply went and disabled the addons in the original database through the config.php, then ran the upgrade. Now...I have no idea what's gone wrong. The error codes seem to be pointing to the filecache, but that's not making a lot of sense to me.

I'm getting the following errors at the top of the forum index
    Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4916

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4916

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4079
    If I go to the admin CP, I get something similar.
    Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4916

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4916
    Any attempt to login gives me a white page with the following error.

vBulletin Message

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/name of directory obscured for privacy/public_html/forumtest/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 4501
    I'm not able to login anywhere, or change any settings except through direct modification in the test forum database. I've already made sure that the URL in there is the correct URL for the test forum, and that the forum default skin is the vB4 skin. No dice.

Any suggestions for how I can fix this?
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Webmaster, Bulbagarden / Bulbapedia
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Try uploading tools.php from the do_not_upload folder of your package download to the admincp directory. Once you log in, run the 'Datastore Cache' options and see if this helps.

Remember to delete the file once you've finished
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Archaic
      • Dec 2002
      • 3.8.x

Drats. Looked like it worked initially, but it went back to giving us errors a few minutes later. Seems like there may be a conflict between the test forum and the live forum.

EDIT:
      Tried again to get a temp fix with the tools.php, but no dice. Didn't even give me a temp fix this time.
      Last edited by Archaic; Fri 15 Jan '10, 6:16pm.

Comment

• shabbirbhimani
        • Jan 2005

I have reported this as Bug and I have found a very crude way to handle this.

Add if you could reproduce it and see.
        Programming and SEO forum

Comment

• Archaic
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.8.x

What you describe there certainly sounds the same, but shouldn't the use of the tools.php file do essentially the same thing there (which just resulted in the error happening again in my case)? Or is DataStore Cache not the same as forumcache?

In any case, I'll try that solution in the morning, see if it works.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...