X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robru
    • Nov 2004
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Personalize your member profile

In vBulletin 3.8.X members could personalize their profile in terms of colors, can also in vBulletin 4.0? And if so, where?
  • bestmilan
    • May 2007
    • 3.8.x

It is currently disabled...

Originally posted by mykes
    I don't see a link on my profile page, and I'm admin with EVERY feature turned on.

I don't see Style Customization to enable in admincp.

See attached image.

Please post an image with where it really is so I can set this up ;-)

vb4 PL 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40662[/ATTACH]

If I put this address in my browser:

/profile.php?do=customize

I get this:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Originally posted by Lynne
    Customization is currently broken in vB4 and thus disabled.
    Last edited by bestmilan; Tue 29 Dec '09, 3:22am.
    www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

• robru
      • Nov 2004
      • 4.1.x

Can someone from the vBulletin Team tell whether it still is coming soon?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

It will be coming back in a future point release.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• robru
          • Nov 2004
          • 4.1.x

Thank you for anwsering my question Trevor

Comment

• TCB
            • Jun 2004
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            It will be coming back in a future point release.
            We're a few months further, so how about it: when will this option be back?? My members were used to change their profiles in vb3.8 (as advertised), and now feel like the whole vb4 upgrade is a downgrade. I agree with them (as non-admin or content-supplier): it's less, not more.

And why weren't we properly warned about features (like this one) not working after upgrading?

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TCB
              We're a few months further, so how about it: when will this option be back?? My members were used to change their profiles in vb3.8 (as advertised), and now feel like the whole vb4 upgrade is a downgrade. I agree with them (as non-admin or content-supplier): it's less, not more.

And why weren't we properly warned about features (like this one) not working after upgrading?
              Well I really don't think they intended for it not to work and I agree with you IF you upgraded or purchased months ago i.e. Beta timeframe otherwise there was plenty of time and certainly plenty of posts here to tell you that feature currently does not work. I don't see anywhere saying they scrapped it completely so it will be back we just have to either be patient or forget about it and be surprised .

Edit: I realize and so do others who code for a living that what they are doing is quite a lot tbo, the vBulletin team reminds me of the Police... by goodness everyone hates them until they save your life or come to the rescue... or in terms of vB save your forum or fix something that makes it work again despite being paid as the Police are paid too correct? I know it's a company and some of you like to throw out that "unprofessional" remark here and there including myself in the past I have to admit, and on some small things they cannot argue but if you really sit back and think of what they have done recently from a coding perspective then you would know they work at least 40 hours a week I bet some of them more and most have families just like us... a break everyone despite your moments of forum rage.

Give them a break

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...