Importing vbulletin-style.xml
    Template Group: Who Posted?
    Template Group: Who's Online
    Template Group: Ungrouped Templates

just say DONE and nothing
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you looked at your error_logs? Is there anything in there? (If you don't know where they are, ask your host.)

And actually, is that the step where it goes through the different template groups? I think the Ungrouped Templates are the last ones. You should be able to just go onto the next step from there (change the url to the next step if you have to).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Andrew Elkins
      • Jun 2009
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Have you looked at your error_logs? Is there anything in there? (If you don't know where they are, ask your host.)

And actually, is that the step where it goes through the different template groups? I think the Ungrouped Templates are the last ones. You should be able to just go onto the next step from there (change the url to the next step if you have to).
      Thats the last step in the importing template information. Can you try to manually go to step 8?
      Andrew Elkins
      Former vBulletin Developer

Please do not PM me for support, please use the support system.

#1 rule before doing anything to a live site, Backup, Test and Re-Test.

Comment

• mindstream
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.8.x

I send you a ticket, Yes my host checked my error log they could not find anything.

Comment

• mindstream
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.8.x

The issue is not fixed, it is still a problem even to install the script. Anybody else have Host Gator Shared hosting ?

Comment

• kat00
            • Dec 2006

Ive got 2 Hostgator shared servers, one I use for testing, one I use for the main forum........The test site is as slow as a wete week, often seeing 3.0, 3.0,3.0 average when I'm the onle one on the site.........I have a clean upgrade on that server ATM but by christ its slow. I was looking at server loads on the main site today with 70 members online and the load was 0.9................My members are saying the new forum is so much faster than the old one..................Got no idea why as to the difference as they are indentical installations.

When I was testing the upgrade on the test site I would often get the error you described. I did the upgrade on the live site last night and it flew through it.........go figure.

On the test site I finally got a clean upgrade done by uninstalling every addon, deleting every style except default and reverting every template, it was only then I could get it to work. Good luck.
            ttttt

Comment

• mindstream
              • Oct 2009
              • 3.8.x

I do not not know why the 4.0 does not work on hostgator i am doing a totally fresh install. So you saying the site is slow on a shared hostgator with 4.0 as well?

Comment

• mindstream
                • Oct 2009
                • 3.8.x

I posted a bug as well but i am not getting the support i thought i should get. I thought you had 30 days good support at least.

Comment

• THE__DRIFTER
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mindstream
                  I do not not know why the 4.0 does not work on hostgator i am doing a totally fresh install. So you saying the site is slow on a shared hostgator with 4.0 as well?
                  I have hostgator shared and updated my 3.8.4 PL2 And had that issue before I added the command in the config. php file. I had them disabled from withing the admin cp but they still seemed to create an issue. Now if I could only get blocks to show that I have created on the cms....

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by mindstream
                    I posted a bug as well but i am not getting the support i thought i should get. I thought you had 30 days good support at least.
                    Posting a bug report doesn't get you some sort of response right away. If you want support, you need to put in a support ticket.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mindstream
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 3.8.x

The bug has now been located it was a problem on my server file with Hostgator. This will be in the new update coming soon.

Comment