X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dimitrios
    • Oct 2008
    • 4.1.x

why $ 190 instead of $ 130 ?

I got an email telling me that till 30 october i can buy the suite with a discount for $ 130. Now I login with my customer number and try to purchase it but instead of $ 130 I see an offer for $ 190!

why is that?
    thanks,
    Dimitris
    Attached Files
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It is because your license is inactive/expired. If you read the email you received, it states the $130.00 price is available for those with an Active license.

Please see this announcement (it should appear in your Admin CP as well):
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dimitrios
      • Oct 2008
      • 4.1.x

oooooooh!!!

only rereading the email i realize that u r right. To my feeling the message is not that very clear. Reading it the first time i gathered that i am a special customer and that i have right to the offer until october the 30th.

So I lingered trying to understand what this new suite is all about, a frustrating process since most the links in ur site pointed to that list of features which can’t give u any true picture of what this is all about.

And while i was trying to figure it out and trusting i have time till the end of the month my license expired!!!

So i would like to ask u: am i to feel misleaded or just dumb?

thanks,
      Dimitris
      Last edited by dimitrios; Fri 30 Oct '09, 1:03am. Reason: minor spelling error :p

Comment

• sassas2020
        • Oct 2009

sam with me I read the email 23 oct then I login and I test I fined that my renew is the $130.00 when I login again befor one hour I am ready to bay I fine it the $190.00
        if is it the $130.00 I will renew my license now (expired last may)

also can any one tell me what mean this

As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009.
        Last edited by sassas2020; Thu 29 Oct '09, 12:08pm.

Comment

• Grover
          • May 2001
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dimitrios
          oooooooh!!!

only rereading the email i realize that u r right. To my feeling the message is not that very clear. Reading it the first time i gathered that i am a special customer and that i have right to the offer until october the 30th.

So I lingered trying to understand what this new suite is all about, a frustrating process since most the links in ur site pointed to that list of features which can’t give u any true picture of what this is all about.

And while i was trying to figure it out and trusting i have time till the end of the month my license expired!!!

So i would like to ask u: am i to feel misleaded or just dump?

thanks,
          Dimitris
          Well... join the club I would say.

I just had to decide to go for this preposterous presale myself (it only lasts untill tomorrow, Oct. 30th). And to be clear: I am doing this under LOUD protest. I totally subscribe to all the negative outbursts on the internet about the way this new vBulletin company has been handling their existing customers. Your feedback is very valid and right, dimitrios.
          How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Dave B
            • Apr 2001

Sorry you felt you were truely a "valued customer". Like staff has said before "it is what it is".

Comment

• g00gl3r
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.5.x

Why do customers that have unactive licenses still get the email? Surely you can seperate the two. Not that I'm complaining, I have a few active licenses and will download the 4 but not upgrade them quite yet.

Comment

• Abomination
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by dimitrios
                oooooooh!!!

So i would like to ask u: am i to feel misleaded or just dump?

thanks,
                Dimitris
                This was in the FAQ on the main page, in case you were saying your license expired after 10/13/09

If your license was in active status as of October 13, 2009, your price is $130.00 USD

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by g00gl3r
                  Why do customers that have unactive licenses still get the email? Surely you can seperate the two.
                  Actually, the system was written so that it doesn't make any differentiation between active or inactive licenses. Why we don't know. You can sure it will be changed before the next big promotion though.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dimitrios
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 4.1.x

Maybe to the vbulletin team this was a promotional mass mail, but to me it was a personal message to the "special customer" I am (read fool).

When the mail calls me a "special customer" and tells me such customers get special treatment till the end of the month I trust what I read.

Your message only delayed my move and made me miss the expiration date for no reason.

All this "get it now, it’s cheap, eventhough u don’t know exactly what it is yet", is a very hasty move from ur side, only meant to harvest customers' money the quick way.

So there I was: a happy vbulletin customer. And here I am: a frustrated customer feeling rather a fool and not at all special. And I’m quite sure nobody will make me feel any better, here.

Oh well.. quick money is nice.. I hope it makes you happy… for the rest of us here share different feelings.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

even i ended up paying 170.00 for my 4.0 suite.

let me explain 130.00 last week (because i had an ACTIVE licence) and 40.00 last month because my licence was about to expire.

i am just happy i had the forethought to keep my licence active (just incase) and it worked out in the end.

when i read the email sent out i was so happy i had shelled out the 40.00 last month so i would get the full discount and then i thought about all those who let their download access/licences lapse and thought well this new pricing scheme is going to catch LOTS of flack from everyone.

now i had no idea on how vB would do their pricing with 4.0 but i had a feeling it would go up. (just not as much as it has)

one thing to keep in mind though is with the suite the price includes the blog, gallery, cms, and forums all in one price and it is good for as long as 4.x.x is around. so if 5.0 does NOT come out for about 4 years we break even on our cost if it is 5 or more years we win out. look how long each previous version have been around with 3.x.x being about 4 or more years

Comment

• dimitrios
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 4.1.x

Good for u that u knew how to play this poker game, Mike.. Most of us, apparently, are not such good gamblers.

Comment

• photoguy
                          • Jan 2007

How Do I Get The Promised $ 130 Promotional Price?

On October 13th I received an email from VBulletin telling me about a new version of their software with a built-in CMS. The email said, in part...

"As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009."

When I went to take advantage of this offer today, I found that there was no way for me to obtain this price when trying to checkout. And then I came accross this post!

I have no idea of the current status of my VBulletin software licence, but, according to the email from VBulletin I assumed that THEY did. Why on Earth would a company send out a special offer to me when they have no plans to follow through? Here in Canada, there are laws on the books that state if a product is mislabeled with a wrong price (lower than it should be) in a store, that store is legally obligated to sell the item to that consumer for the 'advertised' price. In this case here, VBulletin sent me a message advertising a price. Good business practices should dictate that they sell it to me (and anyone else they sent this misleading offer to) for the $ 130 price.

As you can tell from the above, I'm NOT impressed! Shame on you VBulletin!!!

photoguy

Comment

• slinky
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 1.1.x

There also isn't any good reason why customers whose licenses recently expired should be paying $60 more instead of the $40 difference for this forced upgrade to the vb 4 suite - none whatsoever except for the fact that customers are powerless to prevent being financially punished with some arbitrary number. At $190, it's $5 less than buying a brand new forum outright, which is outrageous but the only other option is to wait and pay $175 and get even less for our money.

Unfortunately this issue has nothing to do with a move to a new licensing structure but an ability to punish without apparent repercussions. Going forward with our new projects and current projects, we'll have to make some changes and several of our licenses we don't anticipate renewing. Hard to believe.
                            My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• wacodep
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by photoguy
                              I have no idea of the current status of my VBulletin software licence
                              So who's responsibility is it to keep track of YOUR purchases and subscriptions?

but, according to the email from VBulletin I assumed that THEY did.
                              Well, we all know what they say about assuming ...

As you can tell from the above, I'm NOT impressed! Shame on you VBulletin!!!
                              If your driver's license or license plates expire, do you blame the Department of Motor Vehicles?
                              If your magazine subscriptions expire, do you blame the magazine?
                              If your milk expires, do you blame the cow?

Shame on vBulletin? How about shame on YOU?!

Come on - how about a little bit of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABLITY here?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...