X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southernlady
    • May 2005
    • 4.0.x

Moderator control panel, how to make my moderators see it, HELP

I have some moderators who need access to my mod cp and I have made them moderators under the Usergroup Manager, made sure they had access to the forums concerned under the access masks. And yet I can't get the Mod control Panel to show up for any of them.

Their primary user group is Moderator not Registered User so I would have thought it would show.

HELP!!!

And yes, I have searched the manual, and the threads looking for the answer...if it's here, it's hiding from me.

Liz
    Secret City Designs
  • Alastor
    • Apr 2004
    • 3.8.x

If you link to your page it might help.

Are they looking down at the bottom tool bar on the very bottom, right-hand side?

That's the only place I know of where the mod CP link is off-hand.

Edit: I just tried this with a test account on my boards. Making someone into a moderator doesn't give them a control panel apparently. Only super-mods get a control panel.

Unless I am missing something, normal mods appear not to get a CP to work in.
    Last edited by Alastor; Sat 7 Mar '09, 3:45am.

Comment

• southernlady
      • May 2005
      • 4.0.x

Okay, that may explain it. I need them to have access to the panel but not the same powers as a super mod. Maybe I can edit that somehow.

Thanks. Liz
      Secret City Designs

Comment

• Alastor
        • Apr 2004
        • 3.8.x

To be honest, I never saw the point in moderators. Super-mods, yes. Moderators, no. They're too limited and one either does or doesn't trust them enough to make them a mod.

That's philosophy though.

Yes, you can change Super-Mod powers by going to the AdminCP and selecting Forums and Moderators.

From the drop down select Show All Moderators.From here you can select the super-mod to work with and adjust their options, but I believe these are all global settings for that particular super-mod.

Comment

• Sebastiano Vassellatti
          Former vBulletin QA
          • Aug 2008
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by southernlady
          Okay, that may explain it. I need them to have access to the panel but not the same powers as a super mod. Maybe I can edit that somehow.

Thanks. Liz
          Edit the footer template. Replace this:
          PHP Code:
          <if condition="$show['modcplink']"><a href="$modcpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[mod]</a> -</if> 
          With this:
          PHP Code:
          <if condition="can_moderate()"><a href="$modcpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[mod]</a> -</if> 
          However, they can access the modcp from the direct link.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...