• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tharos
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Official spanish vbulletin website

. .
    Last edited by Tharos; Tue 11 Mar '14, 8:14am.
  • Kevinex
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.6.x

I support, is a great forum, I completely agree with what you could do as an official, it would greatly help.

Greetings.

Comment

• Gasper
      • Jun 2007
      • 3.7.x

I am agree, VBHispano is the best site that offering support in Spanish. Is is very comprehensive and orderly.

Comment

• vBhispano.com
        • Jun 2008
        • 3.7.x

Hi everyone!
        My name is Jonathan Coletta and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am one of the two administrators of vBhispano.com.
        VBhispano is a website dedicated exclusively to offer support in Spanish on vBulletin. As the user Tharos said, who is super moderator of our site, we encourage all users who do not have a license to buy one and we do not allow the sharing of hacks or any copyrighted material.
        At the begining of this year, and after a period of low activity vBhispano was relaunched and currently it operates with a 400% more activity than 4 months ago. We are constantly generating new ideas and projects, coincidentally at the moment we are creating a directory of hacks where translate descriptions and instructions for installing the hacks, with a link to download to vB.org in order to prevent unlicensed users acquire them.

Hopefully well have to consider initiating management to become vbhispano.com the official site of vbulletin of spanish speaker.
        Thank you for your attention.

Jonathan Coletta
        vBhispano admin.

Comment

• ThE LeAdEr
          • Feb 2005

I want vbhispano.com is the official site in Spanish on vBulletin, please Help them, or give guidelines for vbulletin.com give support to Spanish community of this spectacular software.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

We are not adding more official sites at this time. And when we do, we contact the site, not the other way around.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BlueGFX.com.ar
              • Jun 2008

Hello'm sebastian Yoles is very good idea vBHispano's official website is supported by vBulletin that all the doubts that I have the answer and learn from all of them, there are also many things that are very difficult and just doing a question vbhispano you respond the best way and suddenly you're doing and not what you know ami me encantaria much qu vBHispano is the Official Website

Comment

• Tharos
                • Apr 2008
                • 3.6.x

. .

Comment

• Carlos 360
                  Banned
                  • May 2008
                  • 3.7.x

Let me ask you this, then.

If some newbie comes up to you and asks if he could be moderator, super moderator, or administrator, would you give it to him?

No. You go to the person with the best postings, contribution, and stuff like that.

This is done the same way.

Comment

• Tharos
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 3.6.x

. .

Comment

• kentaurus
                      • May 2000
                      • 3.6.x

vbhispano was recently a dropped project, and then retaken. It's a little ambitious to ask about being an "official" site when the site is rather new.

You should at least have a Spanish translation, a 100% one.. I just checked http://www.vbhispano.com/foros/showthread.php?t=4701, and leaving quality aside, just check the admin inline help... it is completely untranslated.

Your template looks nice, but if you want to be an official vbulletin site, I think you are better with something that looks like vBulletin. Nothing wrong with the orange look, of course, it looks nice, but I prefer a vBulletin site to look like vBulletin

If you really want to be taken seriously... then, posting in bold and red is the worst you can do, it really yells "novice". And wasn't it because I am interested in the topic, it yells "ignore me". And.. don't post a request like this in the vBulletin feedback forum, instead email James, the Business Manager, with a serious proposal. How many staff do you have? what kind of support will you be giving to the users? what will you be offering? what's your posture about pirated vbulleitn setup? how can you ensure that your site will be around? where are you hosted? what's the max capacity of your servers? who pays for it? how are you funded?

Are you experts? How much time has your staff worked with vBulletin? In which setups? How do I know you can be trusted?

The gold question: How many licenses do you think will be sold because of your site? Use a referrer or something.

I couldn't even find a link to the vBulletin.com website on your page... there should be a HUGE one, since you are supporting vBulletin. Also, add a "buy it here" link or something... if you are not helping vBulletin business I'm finding it difficult to take you seriously. It doesn't matter if you use a sales referer or something.

Also, there's something that worries me: you have a link of "advertise here", and it says "we have 1 million hits / month, advertise on vbhispano", do you really think vBulletin will add you as an official site for you to profit from it with advertising? I find it a little unethical, or a least not really altruist as you make it sound.

Some credibility first is needed. Ask ALL the vbulletin in Spanish supporters to put a link to the site in their signature here. Maybe not all of you speak English, but I'm sure a lot do. And being somehow active in the forum helps to get noticed.

If you are six thousand guys that want this to happen.. then only SIX posts in this thread, doesn't help to make your point.

You look very helpful, and the site looks a lot more active than I remembered. Almost no unanswered posts or help requests.. that's nice. But the site still looks a little young, and pretty unprofessional to me. I hope the points I made were useful to you.
                      Last edited by kentaurus; Wed 4 Jun '08, 8:53pm.
                      CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
                      CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

• Tharos
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 3.6.x

. .

Comment

• hiscl
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.7.x

up !

up! up!

sorry my "ingles" is very bad

Comment

• Dark Zero
                            • May 2001
                            • 3.6.x

I think it doesnt have sense convert vbhispano in a official site for vbulletin as suggested, in that state. The community is a little unknow for hispanic people and have relatively low activity/content. Also as kentaurus said, looks unprofessional for become an official site in many aspect.
                            I don't want to put in a tomb the suggestion, but improving the points is crucial before anything

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Moved to a more appropriate location.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...