Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlazone
    • Mar 2008

Infractions problem

Forum moderators which should have permissions to manage only a specific forum can give infractions in every forum.
    Instead of having access to give infractions in a specific forum they have the access to give infractions in all forums... thats weird and I would like to know how do I limit them to give infractions only in their forum.

thanks.
    פורומים
    IDANTECH Forums
    Facebook Status
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

It is a usergroup option that all have and it should have it for only usergroup that can moderate and only if the moderator is added to that forum. That is why moderators are only added to certain areas, so they can controll thier section. It just muddies moderators permission and it should be upto a Super MOderator to decide if a user gets an infraction from a moderator that is controlling another forum.

I would post this in 'Suggestion' forum, as this should be added per forum.

Comment

• satlazone
      • Mar 2008

I really didnt understand what you tried to say here.
      my main question, can I limit them to give infractions to NORMAL users ONLY in the forum they are moderating or not? if yes, how?
      פורומים
      IDANTECH Forums
      Facebook Status

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jfrenaye
          • Jul 2006
          • 3.6.x

I think Jose is suggesting that it is a usergroup permission. If you have them as a Moderator, you either give them the permission or not.

You could set a policy that they do not have the ability to infract and allow only an admin or a supermod to infract. It is another control on the forum. Set your infractions to automatically post to a moderators forum. Discuss the post amongst yourselves and then the supermod will do the infracting.

Just a tip...if your mods are actively posting as well and don;t want to hear flack, create a generic user called Moderator and allow the mods to log in using that name and then they are moderating or infracting "anonymously"

Comment

• satlazone
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
            the following modifcation helped me to solve my problem:

I thought its already included in vbulletin by default. you should consider adding this feature.

btw thank you Steve.
            פורומים
            IDANTECH Forums
            Facebook Status

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...