X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petersweden
    • May 2007

Invitation only

Hi

I want to include a forum on our Extranet. Our partners log into our Extranet and then I want them to be able to use the forum software, ideally without having to log in again. Is there any way I can have a "single sign on" i.e. you log into our Extranet once and click the link "discussion forum", you are then automatically logged into vBuletin.

Can I set up vBulletin so that it is an invitation only forum? i.e. I only want people invited by the admin to be able to register and no users are allowed to send invites.

Regards

Peter
  • ---MAD---
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

I think both those would require code modifications. Try asking over at www.vbulletin.org while you wait for an answer here from staff .

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

I use thos modification. If you need details I can point you in the right spot. But yes, with a modifcation available for free, you can do this with vbulletin.

Comment

• petersweden
        • May 2007

I want to create a private forum where the admin decides which individuals can see the forum. Only the admin decides who is allowed in and this is done manually by the admin by selecting the users who should have access.
        Do I do this by assigning the users who should have access to a user group and then change some setting in the forum's profile so that only this user group can see the forum and log in?

Thanks

Peter

Comment

• RattleSnake
          Banned
          • Jun 2005
          • 3.6.x

Im not 100% sure, but i think if there isnt a code on vB.org for it, you might be able to either request it for free, if no one answers, you can hire a coder for a ammount of money to make it for you.

Note- Thats on vB.org.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin Forum Software and for contacting vBulletin Sales.

Yes, vBulletin can do what you want. You can use usergroups and the admin can give access by updating the usergroups of a user. We can give you instructions on how to do this once you have purchased a license.

We're looking forward having you as a customer. Let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Comment

• Sumaria
              • Jun 2007

thank you very much

Comment

• ForumDrop
                • Dec 2006
                • 3.6.x

We have a forum that has made this request also, please advise...

-Stan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...