X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kodaks
    • Jan 2006

MyBB>> Vbulletin?

Hi,
    I am really interested in purchasing vbulletin for one of my sites, but I need to make sure there is a convertor available for MyBB 1.02 to the current vbulletin version.

Can anyone confirm that there is a working convertor? Thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is a MyBB importer available:

If it doesn't work with the lastest version of MyBB then I'm sure Jerry will be able to update it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• kodaks
      • Jan 2006

Hi,
      Thanks for the link!

The version number listed is " MyBB rv4". There have been many changes in the code from rc4 to 1.02. Can anyone confirm that this importer works for MyBB 1.02?

Thanks again!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

As I said if it doesn't work then Jerry will be able to update it, providing you give him access to your MyBB database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• kodaks
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          As I said if it doesn't work then Jerry will be able to update it, providing you give him access to your MyBB database.
          Is "Jerry" a vbulletin employee?

Thanks again!

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kodaks
            Is "Jerry" a vbulletin employee?

Thanks again!
            Yes; he is a vBulletin Developer.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• kodaks
              • Jan 2006

Okay thanks, sounds good.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Jerry is the developer on our staff that has written the ImpEx software that we provide to our customers for free. At this moment we have well over 50 convert scripts and it is hard to cover every possible version. But we are open to updating our existing scripts if test data is provided.

Here is his profile and contact details: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=24628

Comment

• WatchOut
                  • Oct 2006

Floris, if i buy a vbulletin license, and i can't convert my MyBB 1.2 version, can one of the staff members do it for me ? is that possible if i cant do it myself?

Comment

• feldon23
                    • Nov 2001
                    • 3.7.x

It's not a matter of having a staff member "do the conversion for you". If the MyBB converter can't work with MyBB 1.2, then Jerry has to update the MyBB converter to support the new data structures. Then you can use the updated converter.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by WatchOut
                      Floris, if i buy a vbulletin license, and i can't convert my MyBB 1.2 version, can one of the staff members do it for me ? is that possible if i cant do it myself?
                      Sorry, at this time we do not offer an official IMpex service.

Comment

• lapsetur
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 3.5.x

When will be an update to convert Mybb v1.21 to vbulletin?

Comment

• Zalaki
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 3.6.x

Will their ever be a Converter.. updated one for the Newest Releases of MyBB?

I have a Growing forum which I got vB for and I need to be able to Convert to vB... if i cant then I just got vB for no reason

Comment

• feldon23
                            • Nov 2001
                            • 3.7.x

If you have purchased vBulletin, please post in this forum:
                            Post here to ask questions about or get help with vB's Impex import system to import data from other forum software. View the <a href="http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/IMPX">ImpEx Bug Tracker</a>.

It looks to me based on this topic:

that myBB 1.2.1 imports just fine into vBulletin, except passwords must be reset for all users.

The problems posted in that thread are caused by not completing all of the cleanup steps that ImpEx must perform. The data comes in, but it's not really linked to anything until you run all the cleanup and migration steps which turn all that data into useful vBulletin data.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...