X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • worried
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.X

For those stuck on Mobile Publisher and interested buyers

There are at least a few of us who can't complete the "Site information" step in vB's Mobile Publisher. It asks for your API key and forum URL. You will get the error:

Invalid URL Please check your site's Admin Control Panel, make sure the API is enabled, and verify that the parameters here are the same as the site.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	3720453

It is not a vBSEO problem in my case. I have been stuck on this for days. vBulletin has been working on this for days too and has no idea what the problem is:

Hello.

Apologies for the delay, we're still investigating what the issue is with your site I'm afraid. As soon as I have more information, I'll come back and let you know.
    For your peace of mind and to avoid wasting any of your valuable time I suggest you put off purchasing the mobile suite until this problem is resolved.

EDIT: The cause was a 406 error. Check your error log after attempting Mobile Publisher. Contact your host and have them white list the offending rule. After finishing the Mobile Publisher process you can have the white listed rule removed.
    Last edited by worried; Sat 7 May '11, 2:19pm.
  • acwatts
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by worried
    For your peace of mind and to avoid wasting any of your valuable time I suggest you put off purchasing the mobile suite until this problem is resolved.
    How do you do that, is this not part of the mobile suite setup you already paid for.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
      • Mar 2010

I'm having the same problem also! Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Comment

• worried
        • Dec 2008
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by acwatts
        How do you do that, is this not part of the mobile suite setup you already paid for.
        True. It's a suggestion for those who haven't bought the mobile suite yet.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by CruisersConnect
          I'm having the same problem also! Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
          I was able to do this fine for you. Check your ticket.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by worried
            There are at least a few of us who can't complete the "Site information" step in vB's Mobile Publisher. It asks for your API key and forum URL. You will get the error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52147[/ATTACH]

It is not a vBSEO problem in my case. I have been stuck on this for days. vBulletin has been working on this for days too and has no idea what the problem is:

Several people have looked at your issue - myself included - and we are completely baffled. It's not from an add-on or modification and all your data is right. We have asked the Devs to take a look at this because something is going on that we cannot understand. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• worried
              • Dec 2008
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Several people have looked at your issue - myself included - and we are completely baffled. It's not from an add-on or modification and all your data is right. We have asked the Devs to take a look at this because something is going on that we cannot understand. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
              I do appreciate your effort. Please keep me informed.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                I was able to do this fine for you. Check your ticket.
                Thank you! Everything is working great now!

Comment

• Hosehead
                  • Mar 2006

I am seeing the same thing...

I submitted a ticket as well. I tried disabling most of the products/add-ins, but had no success. I tried every combination of URLs...

Getting frustrating.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Invalid URL errors MAY be related to firewall/server security rules generating a HTTP 406 Not Acceptable error. If you get this, have your host examine the server/apache error logs to identify the reason for the block and adjust the rules as necessary.
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hosehead
                      I am seeing the same thing...

I submitted a ticket as well. I tried disabling most of the products/add-ins, but had no success. I tried every combination of URLs...

Getting frustrating.
                      Is this still happening today ?
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Hosehead
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Paul M
                        Is this still happening today ?
                        Yes. Techs tell me they got past the error and I was able to configure the rest of the apps. I can even publish the app, but if I go back to the Review and Publish screen I get the following error message on the bottom of the pages: Invalid URL Please check your site's Admin Control Panel, make sure the API is enabled, and verify that the parameters here are the same as the site

Screenshot: https://tmpdmp.com/i/bf9c78f59fc61ec9/6814414343eae372

If I go to the site information page, and try to continue, I still get the API error as before.

I installed the app on my Droid, and it looks fine, until I try to do anything, then I get an invalid API error on there as well.

Sorry, but this isn't working out well so far...

Comment

• Paul M
                          Former Lead Developer
                          vB.Com & vB.Org
                          • Sep 2004

You are beyond any help I can currently give you as I have no access to internal IB systems. If you havent raised a support ticket already then I suggest you do so.
                          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Paul M
                            You are beyond any help I can currently give you as I have no access to internal IB systems. If you havent raised a support ticket already then I suggest you do so.
                            He does have a ticket in with me. This is a weird one because one minute it is fine, then the next minute it isn't. I've asked the devs to take a look at this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• heredia21
                              • Oct 2012
                              • 5.0.X

Same issue here!
                              BlackBerry Empire #1 BlackBerry news site and BlackBerry forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...