X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ceho
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Blog] insertimage.png not displayed on Customize Blog Style

Hi, I found a very weird thing in my forum: on Customize Blog Style the insertimage icon is not showing for all members, moderators, super moderators and other admins but me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blogsample.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	3719438

Of course I checked all permission of the various usergroups, and they are all the same, all usergroups have all the permissions to customize their blogs. Exactly like mine. However I am the only one who can see the icon and add backgrounds from albums properly. I checked it with my other (super)admin account and here I can not see it as well, so it only works fine for my primary admin account...

No mods, no suspicious files found.

Thanks for any help!

Any ideas what this could be and how to fix it?
    sigpic
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is normally due to a modification. If you really have no mods or add-ons, Please report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker here:

Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ceho
      • Mar 2008
      • 4.1.x

Thanks Steve. In the meantime I found the reason for this strange behavior: it's a chain reaction. I switched off the Profile Styling in User Profile Options because I don't want it in its current state on my forums. Disabling this feature also disables the option to create Profile Albums. These are needed for the user AND the Blog Profiles. So the members who didn't already create a Profile Album (which I did still in 3.8 and it's still there and this is why I could see the icon image) cannot create the needed Profile Album. And this causes the invisibility of the insertimage icon on Customize Blog Style. As soon as I enable the general Profile Styling option everything is fine (which I still don't want to!).

I hope that wasn't too confusing :-). However I consider this to be a bug as the Blog styling options shouldn't suffer from the disability of the user Profile Styling. Will report it to the tracker, ok?
      sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...