How do I allow members to edit thread title?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ForumUser210
    • Feb 2009

How do I allow members to edit thread title?

It seems the members are able to change the title of the first post, but when they do, the thread title (the one that appears in new posts list and such) remains the same. How can I give members the ability to change thread title?

Thanks.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

If you are within this time limit then you can edit the thread title by editing the first post in the thread:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title

Note that a value of 0 does not make it unlimited, but rather it makes it so users can never edit their thread titles. If you want it effectively unlimited then you need to set it to a huge number, like 999999999.

Otherwise admins and mods can use the Edit Thread option from the Thread Tools menu. Regular users cannot access this option.

Comment

• ForumUser210
      • Feb 2009

My forum members appreciate your reply.

Thank you

Comment

• DaSpyda
        • May 2009
        • 3.8.x

Is there any option or Mod that will allow me to specify which Forum can be edited?

I don't want my users to have carte blanche throughout the site, but just a couple forums (private sales so they can change title to SOLD:, etc).

Thanks,

Don

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DaSpyda
          Is there any option or Mod that will allow me to specify which Forum can be edited?

I don't want my users to have carte blanche throughout the site, but just a couple forums (private sales so they can change title to SOLD:, etc).

Thanks,

Don
          You'd have to write a plugin to do that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• DaSpyda
            • May 2009
            • 3.8.x

If I was a programmer, I probably wouldn't have had to ask the question... :P

Comment

• Gumble
              • Sep 2008

They only can edit their self posts with the option turned on, not all to topics!

Unless you mean Moderators but you can still stick those to the area you want.

Comment

• DaSpyda
                • May 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Gumble
                They only can edit their self posts with the option turned on, not all to topics!

Unless you mean Moderators but you can still stick those to the area you want.
                Right, but I only want standard users to be able to do that in certain Forums - and not all of them.

An example would be for them to change FS to SOLD once their personal item has been sold in Private Sales.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DaSpyda
                  If I was a programmer, I probably wouldn't have had to ask the question... :P
                  If you need help with it, then you should post over on vb.org which is the modification site. (They don't like us posting plugins here.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...