Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *kelly*
    • Dec 2008

Bluehost

What are your opinions? Anyone ever use bluehost with vBulletin? How did it work? Did you have problems? So far, so good with php bb.
  • kderentz
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by *kelly*
    What are your opinions? Anyone ever use bluehost with vBulletin? How did it work? Did you have problems? So far, so good with php bb.
    I love blue host ...problem is now that my sight its starting to get heavy traffic im getting DB errors and CPU issues (main reason Im browsing this forum).

For small sites they rock ... I just wish they offered dedicated or VPS.

Comment

• DelphiVillage
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

bluehost (and there other company names) is an heavy overseller and not recommended to host *anything* they make big promises like large hard disc space , large (or even unlimited) bandwith.There is no such thing as "unlimited" in the hosting industry anybody who denys this is an overseller and should be avoided like hell

suspicious features on bluehost website right now are:
      • UNLIMITED Hosting Space (NEW)
      • UNLIMITED File Transfer (NEW!)
      • Host UNLIMITED Domains!!!
      • Free Domain Forever!
      Last edited by DelphiVillage; Tue 23 Dec '08, 3:25am.

Comment

• jddphd
        • May 2005

I have been having severe problems recently with them for two sites that are on two separate servers! I've had to pull down a forum on one because they threatened me with expulsion!

Comment

• *kelly*
          • Dec 2008

Thank you for the heads up. I know my husband keeps saying it won't be a problem because we have enough space.

Comment

• Jedito
            • May 2001

As a general rule, you should avoid any host offering unlimited space/bandwidth or offering ridiculous packages like 50 GB of space and 6000 GB of bandwidth for $6. A host offering unlimited space/bandwidth is lying to you, there's not such thing as unlimited space/bandwidth, and I would not start a commercial relationship who lies to me to get me as a customer.
            Host offering ridiculous packages usually have too many restrictions to not allow you to use a big % of the package or/and you're usually hosted on overcrowded and overloaded servers.
            Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
            LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• James-A
              • Oct 2007
              • 3.6.x

Unlimited is not possible in any aspect of life and there is nothing without limits. Unlimited is not possible b'coz bandwidth is a commodity that someone needs to pay for eventually. The term unlimited is only a marketing strategy go through the TOS of companies offering unlimited space or bandwidth and you will find some restrictions after all nothing in the world is unlimited.

Comment

• joshskeety
                • Jan 2005

Bluehost are a bunch of rip off artists.. I would stay far away from those freaks..

Comment

• mknjhill
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 3.6.x

I love my bluhost account, I've been with them 2 years, not one problem

Will be renewing!
                  MKNJHILL | cPanel Hosting

Comment

• KAL
                    • Jan 2004

I was tempted to move to them due to the offers they have.
                    I think for small sites with less traffic its ideal, single page sites, shopping carts etc

After moving around several hosters over the years the first thing I look for is cpu usage, most hosters seem to pull the plug on that without warning specially after the first month passes!

Comment

• alemcherry
                      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by KAL
                      I was tempted to move to them due to the offers they have.
                      I think for small sites with less traffic its ideal, single page sites, shopping carts etc

After moving around several hosters over the years the first thing I look for is cpu usage, most hosters seem to pull the plug on that without warning specially after the first month passes!
                      That is true and probably justifiable. With unlimited / very high bandwidth and space being offered, hosts obviously need to have something control the big sites from hosted on a shared server. A $5/- pm hosting need to have hundreds of sites on a single server to make some sort of traffic. They obviously can't host someone who use 5% of the CPU on a shared server.
                      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

• TCB
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 4.1.x

I'm with bluehost on only host my vbulletin site there. With about 4000 members, but with about 20-35 active members at the same time, the site should do good there.

But 'unfortunately' at times there are about 40-50 people on the website. So I get the 'max resources' error like all of my members. If that happen a few times, the site gets disabled and all of your visitors are treated on this unflattering message.

Then you, the website owner, should contact them and almost beg to get the site up and running. Since the logfiles show very little errors or proof that a certain script is the reason of the high used resources, getting your site up (they even disable cpanel and ftp login) can be impossible.

Comment

• eUKhost.com
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TCB
                          I'm with bluehost on only host my vbulletin site there. With about 4000 members, but with about 20-35 active members at the same time, the site should do good there.

But 'unfortunately' at times there are about 40-50 people on the website. So I get the 'max resources' error like all of my members. If that happen a few times, the site gets disabled and all of your visitors are treated on this unflattering message.

Then you, the website owner, should contact them and almost beg to get the site up and running. Since the logfiles show very little errors or proof that a certain script is the reason of the high used resources, getting your site up (they even disable cpanel and ftp login) can be impossible.
                          Thats right. They allow very few MySQL connections which cause this problem. Overall selling a hosting plan at $5 ,$6 is a marketing strategy to attract more and more customers and in the end overselling a server.
                          Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
                          Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

• Topmedic
                            • May 2006
                            • 3.8.x

I use Bluehost and I don't have any issue with their service. Then again, I have a small site (that makes no money) - 700 members, about 10-20 active at the same time. Just renewed.

Comment

• lostguy
                              • Mar 2008

Good host hard to find ! Took me 3 yrs before i found very good host..they polite , helpful and good services for SURE . * thumbups for the TEAM over there .

www.eukhost.com

I will suggest get their Vps plan .

lg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...