Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismat

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICEEXOL
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismat

Hi,

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I started vBAdvanced 3.0.1 UPGRADE

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

Security tokens are introduced to prevent an CSRF exploit. Please see release announcement for 3.6.10 or 3.7.0 RC4 for a list of templates that you will need to revert from your style.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• WhiteRook
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Andy Huang
      Security tokens are introduced to prevent an CSRF exploit. Please see release announcement for 3.6.10 or 3.7.0 RC4 for a list of templates that you will need to revert from your style.
      Looking at the above Release announcement for a list of templates to revert, all I found was 72 pages of "Thanks this is great"! and other non useful solutions.
      Jeez people, get a clue.... save your praise and keep to the topic!

The release of 3.7.0 was to be a 'stable' version, and taking the word of vB.com I installed it only to find I get the same error as the author of this thread. Then I find (after my installation)

If you are not fully at home with backing-up and restoring your forum, dealing with bugs and regular upgrades, DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION

Last week, I announced that we intended to release the stable, final version of vBulletin 3.7.0 this week. I'm sorry to say that this will not be the case.
      Nice timing.....

So, I ran the "Security Token Search" and found the following templates in error:
      Code:
      2844      arcade_usersettings      -1
      4212     calendarjump     -1
      4259     FAQ     -1
      4634     forumjump     -1
      4349     moderation_filter     -1
      4701     navbar     7
      4551     tag_cloud_page     -1
      4569     threadadmin_easyspam_skipped_prune     -1
      4620     WHOSONLINE     -1
      I added <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />
      to the line following value="$session[sessionhash]"
      in each of those templates listed above, but still I get the error while using the search feature.

I've noticed there seems to be no concrete fix to this problem I guess this is a real learning experience for those of us putting our faith in the term "Stable Version"
      I mean, if the statement can be reversed, what's the point of making it in the first place.

Thank You vBulletin,
      I guess all I have to do now is see if my host can install a back up to revert the entire board back to it's earlier "Stable Version"...

<<<All comments written by author are subject to change without notice >>>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...