Moderated threads & posts forum - moderators posts held back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Make Money?-old
    • Aug 2005

Moderated threads & posts forum - moderators posts held back?

I have a sepcial guest - I have made him a moderator of the forum -

So he doesnt get attacked or chased off by silly posts - I've made it "Moderated Threads & Posts"

But HIS contribution is now ALSO held back in the moderation que..

How can I let everything HE posts cut through right away?

The 'follow rules' confuses me..

Thanks in advance..
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

A mod of a forum can post despite post moderation. How did you add him as a moderator? You need to either move him to the Super Moderator group or manually add him to a specific forum in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Add Moderator (in the menus on the right)

Note that the Moderator group does not give mod access. It is only there for the convenience of grouping moderators together.

Comment

• Make Money?-old
      • Aug 2005

moderated Threads & posts - the finer points - help needed to understand

OK - I am doing WAY too much mod work than I have too!

Here is what I need to happen

Our special Guest Moderator and registered users - see only threads & posts I have approved as site admin
      The special guest Moderator's post go live directly and DONT require my appoval

How do I do that please?

Also - caveat / question - is there a difference between moderating threads & posts in the ADMIN pannel vs doing that out in the forum itself...?

I only ask this because IF some posts are hiddden to our special guest moderator and I appove them LATER ON after he answers, I wonder where they will fall in the threads post number order? If they fall BEFORE his answer, that would make a nonsence in some cases...as the answer published was written having not seen the 'later approved' post..

Does moderating them in the ADMIN - spit them out to fall in order right there and then? (Rather than in the order it was actually posted in?) hope I make myself clear...

right now I have myself in a pickle where I have to moderate the guest moderator (drudgery...) AND he can see potentially insulting threads before I get a chance to clear them.. (we have an issue with special guests being chased away by disrespectfull behavior / rudeness..)

Thanks very much in advance!
      Last edited by Make Money?-old; Sat 26 Aug '06, 2:51pm.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Enable moderation in that forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum

Add the guest moderator:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Add Moderator (in the menus on the right)

That's it. Everyone's posts will be moderated in that forum except admins, super mods, and the mod you specifically added.

There is no difference between moderating in the Admin CP and frontend.

Comment

• Make Money?-old
          • Aug 2005

Thanks!

Comment

• EdQ
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            A mod of a forum can post despite post moderation. How did you add him as a moderator? You need to either move him to the Super Moderator group or manually add him to a specific forum in your:

Note that the Moderator group does not give mod access. It is only there for the convenience of grouping moderators together.
            Ok, that doesn't work anymore since I upgraded to 3.6.3.

Maybe I am using the function wrong. A Moderator will change the first post in a thread to unapproved. Any Moderator, Super Moderator or Admin who posts in that thread will have their post moderated.
            https://www.ls1.com
            https://www.lsxspeed.com

Comment

• EdQ
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by EdQ
              Ok, that doesn't work anymore since I upgraded to 3.6.3.

Maybe I am using the function wrong. A Moderator will change the first post in a thread to unapproved. Any Moderator, Super Moderator or Admin who posts in that thread will have their post moderated.
              And still happening on 3.6.4
              https://www.ls1.com
              https://www.lsxspeed.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...