Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stocker
    • Sep 2001

Left side table?

How do I get a column on the left side of the home page?
    I need the html code and what template to put it in?
    Anyone Heard of this?
    There are many Forums that have this.

Thxs

dale
  • Hooper
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.5.x

Not quite sure I understand the question. If you are wanting to manipulate your forum home site look and have a column on the forum home page, you may simply edit the forumhome template. Some of the sites you will see are using programs to accomplish different layouts. But for the most part, what you are asking can be done, it just takes some html work.

Some of the templates you may want to take a look at are the

forumhome templates
    forumdisplay templates
    postbit templates

You can change quite a bit from within these template catagories.
    Last edited by Hooper; Wed 11 Sep '02, 3:51pm.

Comment

• stocker
      • Sep 2001

Thxs

You are right on.

I want the code for the left side html for the main forum home page.
      I want to put links etc on the left side of the forum area.

Thxs

Dale

Comment

• Hooper
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.5.x

I see.

Well. The best advice I can ever give someone on this is to setup a second forum for testing purposes and dig in. In other words, what you are asking for is most definitely accomplishable. But the abolute best way to achieve satisfactory results, is to go by trial and error. You will need to learn the vBulletin template system. Knowing what templates are what is the key. The templates are to many in number to go through and give exact details as to what functions are provided with each. But the ones I have posted above are more than enough for you to get started. Just dig in! If you see something like $post[whatever] or $thread[whatever], move it around, delete them, manipulate them, move them, etc... This way you will learn what will work and what doesn't. As far as a left column on a forumhome page, the forumhome template can be changed to give the desired results.

Best wishes.
        Last edited by Hooper; Wed 11 Sep '02, 5:34pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...