• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CakeOrDeath
    • Oct 2008

IPB Media tags to vb4 Video tags using Cleaner.php

Hello

I am testing porting ipb3 to vb4.04.

I am having problems with changing ipb's [media] tags to vb4's [video] tags.

I have used cleaner.php and added the following:
    Code:
    $replacer = array(
                "[media]"    => "[video]",
                "[/media]"    => "[/video]"
    I run cleaner.php and it goes through and I then rebuild the post cache via admincp as explained here.

After ive done that, I go to my test board and refresh a thread that contained a youtube clip in [media] tags.

I was expecting to see the youtube clip embedded, but the post just had the following in it:
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghPcYqn0p4Y
    However, If I just click the 'edit' button, the link does in fact have video tags wrapped around the url correctly.

If I then just click save without making any changes, the video correctly appears embedded in the post.

Any thoughts to this little problem?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You cleaned the tags, the cleaner.php file just cleans the posttext, it does not run it though the bbcode process.

Comment

• CakeOrDeath
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
      it does not run it though the bbcode process.
      Can you tell me how to run it through the bbcode process then please? The help on cleaner.php says nothing about that where perhaps it should.

Thanks for replying

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

If you rebuild the post cache that would be good, or instead use the [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567[/video] video tag.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...