Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flyte
    • Oct 2009

[CMS] URL's in CMS article preview

Is there a way to disable the URL's in the CMS article previews that display after the previewed photo or video?

Thanks.
  • GenDeathRaiser
    • May 2005

Bump, same issue, looking for a way to remove image/links from recent * widgets or display links as links and images as thumbnails

Comment

• kaldoon
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

Did you try Insert Preview Break - that fixed the problem for me

Comment

• Flyte
        • Oct 2009

No I don't believe I have, where would I find that option? I checked 'create new article' and I didn't see it in there.

Thanks.

Comment

• Edwin Brown
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Flyte
          No I don't believe I have, where would I find that option? I checked 'create new article' and I didn't see it in there.

Thanks.
          It's in the article editor. The "red line" icon on the lower right of the list.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Or type it in manually - [PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Flyte
              • Oct 2009

I have tried putting the image/video link before, after, and in between the [prebreak] tags and it still shows the link to the media that I included.

I tried it on another article and the link does not show up but it shows two youtube videos.

Comment

• Flyte
                • Oct 2009

Here is a screen shot of what my CMS page looks like. You can clearly see the link below the youtube video on the left.
                Code used for video on left:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/.......[/video]

The video on the right duplicated but does not show the url. But it does show two videos
                Code for video on the right:

HTML Code:
                [video=youtube;E.......E]http://www.youtube.com/.......[/video][PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

Am I using this code properly? if not can someone show me how to use this code?

Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

You 'do' a page break by simply writing: [PRBREAK][/PRBREAK] Do not put anything inside the tags.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Flyte
                    • Oct 2009

So I did that in a few articles with no luck.
                    HTML Code:
                    [video]URL to Video[/video][PREBREAK][/PREBREAK]
                    I still get the URL following the video or image that I post.

Is there anything else I can do to get rid of that URL or am I possibly still doing it incorrectly?

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

If you put the preview break after the video, right now there is a bug that will show you two videos. I think the original poster who was recommending using a preview break may have been meaning you should put it before the video.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...