Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charlie O'Leary
    • Jun 2003

Custom dropdown menu values?

Is there any way to set a custom value and then display text for additional profile options that are dropdowns? For example, in HTML I can write...

Code:
    <OPTION VALUE="1">Option 1</OPTION>
    In vB I can only add them one line at a time, so "Option 1" translates into...

Code:
    <OPTION VALUE="Option 1">Option 1</OPTION>
    Is there any way to do what I want it to do?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You can't just create more profile fields for additional dropdowns? I am not sure I understand what you want.

Comment

• Charlie O'Leary
      • Jun 2003

I run a gaming forum, and one of the games gives players specific ranks based on advancements in Player vs. Player combat. I'm trying to create a dropdown that has their rank, then attaches an image using the value. Right now the field looks like this (there are 14 possible ranks)...

etc...

I want it to look like this...

Rank 14: High Warlord / Grand Marshal
      Rank 13: Warlord / Field Marshal
      Rank 12: Lieutenant General / Marshal

... and then have the values for the selected rank be 14, 13 and 12 respectivly. The reason for this is so that I can use the field to determine the image. With the current vBulletin dropdown sytem if I made the above dropdown, I would have to make the associated images "http://www.domain.com/images/Rank 14: High Warlord / Grand Marshal.gif" instead of "http://www.domain.com/images/14.gif."

Does that explanation help? I'm basically trying to create a custom dropdown that lets me set the value of each option, instead of simply the text.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Oh I see.

You might consider using a multiple-selection field. Each option in a multiple-selection field is represented by a single bit. See the second post in this thread.

Comment

• Charlie O'Leary
          • Jun 2003

I'll look into that option. Thanks for your help, Jake!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...