X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tlwwolfseye
    • Dec 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] Editing .CSS Files - No Permission

To change a few things for my installed vBCMS i need to edit a .css File which is as a file on my FTP since I decided to convert .css Styles as file.

Problem is, those Files I can't edit on the FTP at all. I get a NO PERMISSION error. Since these Files were created by vBulletin it seems I have not the permission to edit them manually. What can I do now ?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Is this a vBulletin message or a white screen with text?

If the latter, this is likely to be a server issue for which you need to speak to your host.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Andreas
      • Feb 2004

Don't edit the CSS files created by vBulletin, they are only caches (which will get overwritten very time smth. CSS related changes) - the real CSS is located in the database.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You want to edit the css templates in the AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on << >> Find the CSS Template group, expand it, and edit the css templates you want. Though if you know what you want to override, override it via additional.css

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...