X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarosciak
    • Apr 2005

Losing Articles

Hi,

I am using vBulletin Version 3.0.7 and members of my forum are complaining that the forum logs them out while they're still typing the reply.
    Many times they'll be typing long reply and it might take longer than 10-20 minutes. Then when they hit "Submit Reply" it tells them they are not logged in and the whole post is lost.
    This way they leave my site frustrated and might never come back.
    This happened to me already as I was replying to one of my customers.
    When I tried to hit the back button of internet explorer it won't go back to the text I typed, it is just completely lost.
    Please let me know how to change the time limit on user logout.
    I don't want this expire at all or set it to something like 2 hours at least.
    This is so very annoying to all my users!!!
    Please help.

Joe
  • Dennis Olson
    • Oct 2002

1) If they hit BACK, they should go back to the text entry and be able to recover their post

2) Long posts should be written in Word or a similar WP program, ans pasted into your forum

3) Set the cookie timeout to 60 minutes or so, and this issue will resolve itself.

Comment

• jarosciak
      • Apr 2005

How do I set the cookie timeout to 60 minutes?

Joe

Comment

• ravenstarr
        • Mar 2005

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options

Enter the value you want in the field next to Cookie Time Out Options.

60 minutes = 3600 seconds I believe

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

The default timeout for the cookie session is 900, which is 15 minutes, you could tripple this.

But please note that by changing this the who is online right now page will show a bigger number, right now it shows the x amount of users online over the period of 15 minutes. Setting it to an hour will increase that number

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...