X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I dont think showgroups was ever designed to do that really, it was designed to showoff just a few members like the staff. not a large chunk of your board.

Comment

• tox
      • Jun 2004

actually I didn't think of that....

I've removed most of the usergroups from showgroups and now I've managed to put my memory_limit back to 8M!

Comment

• aphiadmin
        • Jul 2004

I'm getting the same problem too, and no solutions given in this thread has solved it.
        The script memory load is 32MB, and my php version is 4.2.2 with the Zend PHP Accelerator.
        Here is only a small portion of the errors that users are reporting to me
        Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7920 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/aphi/httpdocs/forum/global.php on line 37

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 254820 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to
        allocate 101760 bytes) in
        /home/httpd/vhosts/aphi/httpdocs/forum/showthread.php on line 84

allocate 737280 bytes) in
        /home/httpd/vhosts/aphi/httpdocs/forum/showthread.php(1670) :
        eval()'d code on line 328

allocate 32 bytes) in
        /home/httpd/vhosts/aphi/httpdocs/forum/includes/functions.php on
        line 479

Additionally, my vbulletin doesn't exist under the directory 'forum', it exists under the directory 'board'. It used to be under 'forum', but I've changed it and properly followed the instructions in this thread. I really don't know why this error says there's an error in the 'forum' directory when it doesn't even exist.
        Need some help here.

Comment

• aphiadmin
          • Jul 2004

I forgot to note that I'm getting this error in the admin control panel. Even just displaying the control panel gets this error sometimes.

Comment

• aphiadmin
            • Jul 2004

Hello? Any reply would at least help calm my worries right now.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

I have no ideas. Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• smestas
                • Nov 2002

I've been getting similar errors and I'm trying to edit my php.ini file. When I opened it up to edit it it was blank? Can anyone here give me the correct code or syntax that belongs in this file so I can increase my memory.

Here is a peak at my Quick Info Panel
                Attached Files

Comment

• Boanerges
                  • Jun 2004

I've been getting these errors too for another vb site I work on

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3 bytes) in /var/www/vhost/eqcleric.gameglow.com/forums/includes/functions_showthread.php(640) : eval()'d code on line 158

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

There were 50 users online at the time this happened.

Incidentally, I did a search index of a db with 230k post and got the out of memory error during that too.

The server has 12MB for PHP (have a request in for an increase to at least 16MB and maybe 32MB but no response from the server admins yet).

MySQL 3.23.49
                  PHP 4.1.2
                  Apache 1.3.23

The only hack I have is vbAdvanced.

Load balancing doesn't fix it (I clamped it down pretty tight to see what would happen and I still hit this error).

Comment

• rburns
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.6.x

Has there been any fix for these problems yet? I currently run 3 different VB Forums off my server and I get these fairly often.

The people that use them are obviously not overly impressed that they have had to put up with this when the forums are paid for.

The errors that occur are not consistant and can appear when opening a thread, replying or searching.

Is there anything in the pipeline to clear this very common problem in the next release, or has it been addressed but not posted here?

Does the upgrade with the Full-text searching for MySQL 4.0 users resolve the issue?

Thanks
                    Last edited by rburns; Mon 30 Aug '04, 7:41pm.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Its not a problem in vB. You just not allowing MySQL enough memory.

Comment

• basa
                        • Jan 2002
                        • 3.0.0 Beta 4

I don't think so... that's the only one on my server, and I never had a problem before. I still have the problem, BTW, no matter how much memory I put in there.
                        Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

'No matter how much memory'? What your setting and what's the latest error?
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• The_Enigma
                            • Jul 2003

I was getting the 8MB etc memory issue today, asked for increase and it worked. I would only get this error when trying to create or edit the forum.php file.

I have about 400 forums, is that alot?

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Yes you would need to allow abit more memory for 400 some forums.

Comment

• Mindzipper
                                • Aug 2003

I've been getting the same error, and it's NOT load, or server.

I've got one site, and one forum, on a dual xeon 3.0 Ghz server with 2Gb of RAM and dual 100MB uplinks running Redhat enterprise 3.0

This is a production server and is being geared up for my customer.

I'm getting a LOT of complaints about this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...