X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M1th
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

Just so you know.. I keep getting this error:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/forumdisplay.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/vbulletin.org:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/forumdisplay.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/forumdisplay.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
    Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

• Martin CX
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by M1th
      Just so you know.. I keep getting this error:
      Me, too (and on several different types of pages including the home page proper). When I refresh, it goes away, though.

Comment

• CritterParadise
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.6.x

I just got this message...

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/search.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/vbulletin.org:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/search.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/search.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Comment

• Vile
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by CritterParadise
          I just got this message...

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/search.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/vbulletin.org:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/search.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/search.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
          Have a read at the post above

The server is just now up & running, so these minor errors are to be expected. I'm sure they'll be fixed up in a matter of time.

An error also occurs when uploading an image:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/newattachment.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/vbulletin.org:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/newattachment.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/www/vbulletin.com/htdocs/forum/newattachment.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
          Last edited by Vile; Sat 21 Feb '04, 5:03pm.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Dec 2000

Its a PHP bug. We're currently applying a patch for it and will recompile PHP in a few minutes.

Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Ron Bennett
              • Feb 2004
              • 3.5.x

vBulletin server hacked and/or security flaw found?

Strange that vbulletin.com, vbulletin.org, and even jelsoft.com were all down...

Surely they're not all on one server? - most large websites have separate, multiple dedicated servers for redundency.

Anyways, my question is was vBulletin hacked and/or severe security flaws found that necessitated seemingly all of Jelsoft's websites to be off-line...?

Ron

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                • Jun 2000
                • 4.0.x

As Scott said, we should have those php problems fixed asap, compiling now with the patch.

Comment

• CeleronXT
                  • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Ron Bennett
                  Surely they're not all on one server? - most large websites have separate, multiple dedicated servers for redundency.
                  They are all on the same server.
                  "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                  "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                  Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • Dec 2000

We have more than one server though.

Development and CVS are on another server in another data centre.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                      • Jun 2000
                      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by []\[]emesis
                      Nice and fast now!!! yay!!
                      Yes moved to Apache2 while we were at it, so it should be faster.

Comment

• synicide
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                        Yes moved to Apache2 while we were at it, so it should be faster.
                        Nice, I definitely notice a difference.

Comment

• xbleed
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                          xbleed, any orders received prior to the server going down should be processed tonight. If you haven't received anything by tomorrow morning could you send an email to [email protected] with any relevant information you received from either WorldPay or PayPal.
                          Absolutely.. I am very excited about this.. haha.

Comment

• rebelsrock06
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 3.6.x

I had tried to access VBs sites tons of times and i talked to someone about it and the only thing we thought was that maybe VB had been attetmpted to be hacked maybe by a compeitor trying to delay the Gold releases

You think these things when all youve got to go on is VB is gone for 48 hours

Well its great to have you back
                            Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

• Martz
                              • Apr 2001

The wonders of RAID 5 huh
                              HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                              -
                              Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

• good2laugh
                                • Jul 2002
                                • 3.5.x

Good to see the site back - but I do have a query regarding the downtime.

Whenever vb goes down like that, which I know isn't that often... I get a delay with my admin panel loading.. I understand this is because it is calling something probably the latest version, but I had an urgent fix and had to wait around for admin to load which was a pain because as I say it was urgent I get there. Is there some way of changing that code so IF VB goes down (which hopefully won't be often but can easily happen again) it doesn't have that kind of affect on my admin. I also realise my inconvenience was a drop in the ocean compared to what was going on - but it still is an inconvenience which ate into my time. Pls don't take this as a complaint - just wondering if something could be altered.. cheers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...