This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUG
    • Apr 2002

AFAIK MyMatchMakerCom and AtheistWorld.com are his other two usernames.

Comment

• N9ne
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.0 Beta

Originally posted by MUG
      AFAIK MyMatchMakerCom and AtheistWorld.com are his other two usernames.
      I didn't know MyMatchMakerCom was him seems like he's been here for a while then...

Comment

• phill2003
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by vB3Dev.Com
        Hello everyone!

Can you guys please take a look at my new site and give me your honest reviews and critiques, good or bad?

Also, please tell me how fast/slow it loads, what browser you are using and what connection type you have?

Thank you so much!

Solomon
        sorry m8 but your not going to like this.......

first....... your board is like a multitude of other's trying to trade of the vbulletin name which puts me off for a start....

your trying to cater for the cutomers of vb.com by offering install's and stuff, hacks and templates, when we already have three places far better and more equiped than your's ie:- vb.com,vb.org(hacks) and vbt (templates).also they use the license system which no matter what phplord thinks is a good thing as non licensed people cant get access to all the help and addons that they provide where as yours is open to all and sundry...

to be brutally honest the only people you are going to attract are the pirates that cant access the other places.......

if you ask me you would be better advised doing something else..

and as for vb3 hacks there as already vbulletin.nl that caters for them and i should think that when vb.org opens its doors to vb3 hacks they will all go in there........

as i say it looks to me like you are trading off another's reputation and name which is not a very good way to start.....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

So how many sites did you steal from to come up with forum descriptions on your site? I count at least three. At least you had the cajones to name the section you stole from SitePoint actually Site Point. Come on get real. Who needs another half-implemented forum by someone who shows that he is a thief by stealing forum descriptions?

Maybe if you came up with an semi-original idea, you could build a more successful site. At the very least build your own descriptions and stop trying to profit off the hard work of others. Don't know about the other sites you stole from but SitePoint's forum descriptions and forum names took weeks to develop properly for Search Engine Placement.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Arkham
            • Mar 2001
            • 4.1.x

...Not to mention that he's using "Site Point" as a name for his web-related forums. Since "SitePoint" is an established mark for SitePoint Pty Ltd., he should probably drop that forum name ASAFP.

<EDIT> Aha! Wayne beat me to it. Damn phone call delayed my save!

Comment

• MrNase
              • Jun 2003
              • 3.8.x

not another useless site
              vb3dev.com sounds cool but you could have done something better with it...
              vB3dev.com sounds like a jelsoft related site but no, it's just a page that supports illegal vB's...
              i think you said a lot of reasons why a site like this should be closed down so i keep my mouth shout.
              That's the end of that!

Comment

• InSite
                • Aug 2002

I think there is a bug with the forums - none of the posts are showing up for me!

Comment

• Dave#
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  So how many sites did you steal from to come up with forum descriptions on your site? I count at least three. At least you had the cajones to name the section you stole from SitePoint actually Site Point. Come on get real. Who needs another half-implemented forum by someone who shows that he is a thief by stealing forum descriptions?

Maybe if you came up with an semi-original idea, you could build a more successful site. At the very least build your own descriptions and stop trying to profit off the hard work of others. Don't know about the other sites you stole from but SitePoint's forum descriptions and forum names took weeks to develop properly for Search Engine Placement.
                  why don't you copyright your forum descriptions Wayne - I see they are important to you
                  http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

• rylin
                    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by InSite
                    I think there is a bug with the forums - none of the posts are showing up for me!
                    Actually, in this case, I'd argue that it's a feature :P
                    An added bonus, one might say
                    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
                    That forum

Comment

Originally posted by InSite
                      LMAO!

Comment

• Arkham
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Dave#
                        why don't you copyright your forum descriptions Wayne - I see they are important to you
                        Of course they're important. What a silly thing to say.

They're automatically copyrighted once they're typed up. If you can see them, it's advisable not to take any words without permission.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by IDN
                          But to Jelsoft, why allow the same person to have duplicate usernames?
                          It was an oversight. Frankly it didn't occur to us when we drew up the forum rules that people would do this. We'll be updating the rules shortly.

Meanwhile this thread is closed.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dave#
                            Copyright is automatic and immediate upon publishing. There is also a stated copyright notice on the page where the descriptions occur.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...