X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Regs
    • May 2001
    • 4.2.X

I didn't say for them to email before it happened... you assumed that yourself

This has happened before to them ( at least at vbskins.com ) and they didn't send out an email to their customers afterwards...

They never answered my email in the past either. Thus, my experience with them has been piss-poor and as such I wouldn't recommend them to anyone looking for skins or designs.

Others may have different experiences, but that's mine

Cheers,

~Regs.

Comment

• scottiemac
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DirectPixel
      How would you anticipate that?
      Regardless of how you would anticipate it, I have a real hard time believing you can't find a way to send an email out to your customer base. I have high speed cable, but I also have the old AOL stand-by dial-up in case of a melt down.

Comment

• Regs
        • May 2001
        • 4.2.X

Hello Regs,

scottiemac has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - vbskins.com (???) - in the Chit Chat forum of vBulletin Community Forum.

This thread is located at:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=72535&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
        Still absolutely NOTHING!

Next step, small claims court.

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Yours,
        vBulletin Community Forum team
        Where did the post go?

Comment

• scottiemac
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Regs
          Where did the post go?
          Here is the deal with Ravio. I had been dealing with Corey. He has fallen off the face of the earth (after getting my $300 deposit). All work was supposed to have been completed this week, at the latest. Corey does not respond to email, and has not refunded the money per my request. In fact, he has delivered on absolutely nothing that was promised BEFORE he received my $300 deposit.

The only communication within the last two weeks has been a generic email that they had problems with their ISP. Give me a break.

Frankly, $300 is not worth the time it will take me to sue them in small claims court, reduce the debt to a judgment, and execute on the judgment. Nonetheless, this is the path I am taking as a matter of principle. Next step, small claims court. In short, they tried to rip-off the wrong person.

Comment

• DirectPixel
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.5.x

Seriousely, Ravio is not here to rip off people. They've been doing high quality designs for websites for quite some time -- their very extensive portfolio is proof.

Why is it that you do not believe them that they have problems with their ISP. Out of all those clients they've had, I don't see any reason for them to rip you off, especially when their whole company's image is at stake.

I would suggest waiting it out a little while longer, since a company like Ravio would not just fall off the face of the earth after getting a mere $300 in deposit money.
            :)

Comment

• scottiemac
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DirectPixel
              Seriousely, Ravio is not here to rip off people. They've been doing high quality designs for websites for quite some time -- their very extensive portfolio is proof.

Why is it that you do not believe them that they have problems with their ISP. Out of all those clients they've had, I don't see any reason for them to rip you off, especially when their whole company's image is at stake.

I would suggest waiting it out a little while longer, since a company like Ravio would not just fall off the face of the earth after getting a mere $300 in deposit money.
              Look, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I waited weeks in between emails. Put yourself in my shoes given the following facts:

1. You inquire about a custom skin, and all emails are promptly responded to prior to deposit.

2. You make a deposit, and emails suddenly stop.

3. You are promised a customer password and access to a customer area for questions, which never arrives;

4. You are promised work will be completed within 2 - 3 weeks. After three weeks, you don't even have a response to email inquiries, or any indication whatsoever that work has started.

5. A problem with an ISP that last three weeks, making it impossible to reply to email?? (Have you ever heard of a dial-up connection as a back-up)? Even the one email I got within the last two weeks was not directed to me. It was a generic excuse sent to all customers. Oh, and it said they would be back on-line LAST FRIDAY at the latest. Still no email.

I hired this company because this is a time sensitive project. I need the work done. The timeframe quoted was acceptable. Still nothing.

I think I've been more than patient.

Comment

• Regs
                • May 2001
                • 4.2.X

And I'd suggest you don't belittle someone here by suggesting $300 is a piss in the bucket.

They have broken a contract with a customer by not providing the services that they had agreed to providing (by accepting the deposit). It doesn't matter if it's $3, $300, or $3000... they have broken their promise.

Again, BUYER BEWARE with vbskins.com

~REgs.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

There have been continuous complaints about this company, deposits, not responding, and ISP problems on their part.

However, this is not the place to discuss them. My suggestion is to evaluate the situation and look at alternatives that are available. If you are looking for a design, you might look at various design oriented sites like DesignOutpost.com which provides these services through multiple providers so you do not run into these issues.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...