• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EDV11
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

RSS feed without loging in

Hello

I have my forum set up so only approved members can view the post . Unregistered and not logged in users can't see anything, just the log in screen.

I would like to add an RSS feeder so users can check new post from RSS clients. Is there anyway to do it, considering the previous details? Anyway to log in for the RSS?

In my test forum, if I set it up for not logged users to be able to read, I can make the RSS work, but as soon as I turn it into normal operation, it would show a white page.

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No sorry. The RSS feed will only display threads that are open to unregistered users.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• EDV11
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Bad luck. Thanks anyway for your quick support

Comment

• EDV11
        • Mar 2007
        • 3.6.x

I can make that run, my main problem is if it's possible to log in to view the RSS. My forum is for private use only, and if you are not registered, it's not possible to read it

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

The RSS feed will only work for threads and forums that Guests can view.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• EDV11
            • Mar 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            The RSS feed will only work for threads and forums that Guests can view.
            It would be great that you think about it for next releases

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...