X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brakken
    • Jul 2005

Changed Servers - Need to Update Paths

Hello,

I just changed servers and need to update the paths to the forums so they work correctly. Where do I do this at?

Thanks,
    John
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Exactly which paths are wrong? The default software uses relative paths for everything such that you don't need to change anything when you move servers except maybe the forum URL:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

What about the attachments path, too? I know the avatars one is relative, but I think the attachments one is absolute. So, go to Attachments > Attachment Storage Type > Move Items to a Different Directory and input the name of the new path to your attachments (although if you went from a dedicated server to another dedicated server, then this path may stay exactly the same).

Also, you may want to check your CSS in case some of the paths to the images are absolute and not relative. (I do mine absolute since I use the css outside of my forums directory.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• brakken
        • Jul 2005

It's images that are messed up. vbulletin is looking for /home/pxnosc79/public_html/tehskeen for all of it's images for the themes and such. The new path is /httpdocs/ ... The URL is the same so changing it would make no difference. I don't think it realizes it's on a new server.

I checked the mysql file and there are over 50 references to the old path. Should I just replace them with the new one?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

The image paths are in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> StyleVars (in the menu)

You might also find some paths for background images in your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Main CSS (in the menu)

There are also the smilies, avatars, and post icons:

Admin CP -> Smilies / Avatars / Post Icons

And the default post icon:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Show Default Post Icon

That is all of the images.

Comment

• brakken
            • Jul 2005

Thanks! It's all fixed now.

Comment