Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skelp
    • Sep 2005

Help installing.

Hi, I;m getting ready to innstall and use Impex and need to know something.
    In the config file, for the source database information.... What will happen if I set the source exists to false?
    I will be doing a clean import and have the source database backed up and saved on my hard drive.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You'll be importing from a non mysql/mssql system.

If you have a sql backup, it needs to be restored

Comment

• Skelp
      • Sep 2005

How do you mean importing from a non mysql system?
      See... waht I thought was if I set that to false I cwould be able to just use the backed up sql file as ther source.... am I wrong on that?

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Skelp
        How do you mean importing from a non mysql system?
        See... waht I thought was if I set that to false I cwould be able to just use the backed up sql file as ther source.... am I wrong on that?
        What system are you importing from ?

If you have a backup SQL file, then you are importing from a database, though you will have to restore that database so that ImpEx can read from it.

Like this :

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Skelp
          • Sep 2005

Ahhhh hehehe OK I figured something out ehehhe.... I was trying to go about this the easiest way here..... I thought it would be easiest to save a back up to the hard disk and let Impex use that file from the hard drive if possible... But I now see, after getting some much needed sleep hehehe, that it is indeed easier to just do it by using the existing DB on the other server.
          I was thinking because I was going from one domain to another the transfer would take a horrible amount of time but I own the server and the two domains are on the same server... so it shouldn't take as long as I thought....
          Thanks a lot guys. Off to destroy my site now heehehe.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...