X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djcaseanova
    • Apr 2006
    • 5.1.x

Requirements Script

I see the requirements list, however, I am wondering if there is a script I can run on my current server that will indicate whether or not it's acceptable for vB5

I thought I found one before, but it might have been for something else. Just thought I would check... especially because DreamHost is my provider. And I hear a lot of bad things about DH.
  • djcaseanova
    • Apr 2006
    • 5.1.x

Found the script on the downloads. But a curious question about the script, and MySQL

I am running MySQL 5.1.56-log according to the script, which meets the requirements for vB5. The script says "FAIL" even though the MySQL user account is authorized admin with all read, rwrite, etc. enabled.

The script also returns a 'safe_mode' fail. This is saying that uploads may not work with vB???

Anyone?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

There is a bug in the version included with 5.1.5. We've updated it but it hasn't been added to a release package yet. I've attached it to this thread.
      Attached Files
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• djcaseanova
        • Apr 2006
        • 5.1.x

Thank you. This scripted worked without issue. Thank you.

Comment

• twistsol
          • Mar 2015
          • 6.X

I just downloaded this version of the script. Previously, my PHP version passed, but now it fails. My version is 5.3.3 and it says I must upgraded to version 5.3 or higher.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by twistsol
            I just downloaded this version of the script. Previously, my PHP version passed, but now it fails. My version is 5.3.3 and it says I must upgraded to version 5.3 or higher.

Minimum version for vBulletin 5.1.5 is PHP 5.4.0. Your PHP needs to be upgraded.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...