X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syaX
    • Sep 2014

vBulletin and Domain?

Hey Community,

I thought very long about buying a vBulletin license. I guess I'll go for it since the system just looks outstanding and it seems like it's exactly what I want.
    I just got a question about the rules..

I just read that I need to provide the domain where my board will be running on. The thing is I'd like to buy the software, but I ain't got the domain for it yet. Am I allowed to add the domain later and will I be able to change it later?

I hope I understood it correctly, I'm going to buy the vB 4+5 licenses lifetime, right? So limiting to only one domain would be kinda frustrating. I know that I won't be allowed to set up multiple websites with the same license, but what if my ongoing project will change it's name in a few months/years, or maybe I'll shut it down and use my license 4 years later?

So yeah much talk, I'd just like to know if I am allowed to buy a license without providing a domain for it yet, as well if I am allowed to change the domain later.

Regards
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You will need to add a domain to download the software. However it can be http://localhost or something like that. Later you can update it when you get a domain name. If you change sites, you can update the domain but the software can only be installed on a single site at a time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• syaX
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You will need to add a domain to download the software. However it can be http://localhost or something like that. Later you can update it when you get a domain name. If you change sites, you can update the domain but the software can only be installed on a single site at a time.

Thank you, Sir. I'll go for it as soon as I got my paycheck!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...