• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taim
    • Jan 2011
    • 5.0.X

Can I Resale VB License?

Hi,
    I know some newbie friends who can't pay via paypal or cc but they are willing to pay local currency .
    I have seen the bulk purchase option in which we can get discount, but if I purchase 10-15 licenses then can I legally sale these licenses to others?
    If yes than what is the process? Should I need to transfer the license to other party? Is there any extra fees for this transfer?
    Thanks in Advance!
    Best Web Hosting – SSD Powered Web Hosting with Unlimited Bandwidth $2.95/m
    Domain Names - .Com Domains for $8.95 – Register, Renewal & Transfer
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

You can't resell the software as if the end person had bought it outright. You could buy it, and sell it to somebody, but they would not be able to sell it to anyone else.

There is a one-time transfer policy.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Taim
      • Jan 2011
      • 5.0.X

Thanks! So I can buy with my details and then transfer to them. I will tell about the transfer policy.
      Any other legal issue in this?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

We discourage users buying second hand licenses, becuase there is a lot of risk involved for the final end user. You more than likely also won't get anywhere near the full value of each license you purchase. Most poeple won't pay a whole lot more than half of the purchase price of the software.

Purchasing licenses for the intent of reselling is actually agasint our license agreement, and there are restrictions on how soon you can transfer a license (90 days).

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Taim
          I have seen the bulk purchase option in which we can get discount, but if I purchase 10-15 licenses then can I legally sale these licenses to others?
          Yes,you can with a loss because no one will pay full price for them on the market.
          Your buyer cannot sell them again.

Should I need to transfer the license to other party?
          Yes.
          Is there any extra fees for this transfer?
          No.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Taim
            • Jan 2011
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
            We discourage users buying second hand licenses, becuase there is a lot of risk involved for the final end user. You more than likely also won't get anywhere near the full value of each license you purchase. Most poeple won't pay a whole lot more than half of the purchase price of the software.

Purchasing licenses for the intent of reselling is actually agasint our license agreement, and there are restrictions on how soon you can transfer a license (90 days).

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php
            okay, so here is the main point, I need to wait for 90 days! And first of all it is against license agreement!
            But just to inform you, luckily some few are ready to pay me full price in local currency!
            hmm!! I think I should leave this.
            And I want give a suggestion about VB resale, it should have a Reseller account like hosting , it will really increase your sales.
            Well,
            Thanks to all!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by beishe8
            Yes,you can with a loss because no one will pay full price for them on the market.
            Your buyer cannot sell them again.

Yes.

No.
            Thank You!

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

I honestly don't see how in our case resellers would really increase our sales on the whole, esp if we're still providing support for the product you sold. But I'm sure that is a debate for another day.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                • Aug 2009

ya I've been trying for years to try to get them to let me resell vbulletin... aint gonna happen :'(
                ------------------------------------------
                Steve
                DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Ace
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by BlogTwits
                  If you buy a copy of vb4 resale, would that copy become yours if/when you upgraded to vb5? ie. would you then be able to sell it as though its a first owned licence? Just curious
                  No. The same license terms apply (ie: no re-sale, as you have already bought it from another person) to the upgraded license.
                  My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                  vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...