• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayc2014
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Looking to use vbulletin

Hi all,

I'm looking to start up a forum that is related to my work, I have in the past a few years back used phpbb but looking around the net i have noticed that alot of forum sites use vbulletin, I just want to start off on the right foot as i mean to go on and wondered if using a paid forum script is the way to go rather than using a free forum script, Any advice would be great.

All the best
    Justin
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by jayc2014
    I just want to start off on the right foot as i mean to go on and wondered if using a paid forum script is the way to go rather than using a free forum script
    Start with a free one, get people to join your forum.
    Is it becoming lacking? Do your research, some paid forum software may satisfy you and your members.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• jayc2014
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Hi,

Thanks for the info but i don't want to go from free to paid, I think i would rather go with paid and not have the hassle of then at a later date trying to migrate from one to another.

All the best
      Justin

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Thanks for the info but i don't want to go from free to paid, I think i would rather go with paid and not have the hassle of then at a later date trying to migrate from one to another.
        That's fine.
        Good luck for your adventure!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

if using a paid forum script is the way to go rather than using a free forum script, Any advice would be great.
          Personally I think beishe8 gave you the best advice that one can think of: There is nothing bad about starting with a free solution and then migrate later, if neccessary. This way you can see if your forum and the concept behind it pays off in a very cheap way.

Anyways, if you prefer to use a paid solution, it is hard to recommend one of the available major ones (vB, IPS, XF...) right away, since it is dependant on your requirements/expectations. Here you are on vbulletin.com, so obviously you will not find or get much information on any competitor. The best way to see if vB suits your needs would be to have a look at the demo, which is available to any potential customer:

For vB5: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb5-trial
          For vB4: http://www.vbulletin.com/en/vb4-trial

Also make sure to check out the Feature List and the FAQ.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...