Moving to vBulletin 5 Connect from vBulletin 4.2.2 with Professional Installation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hank
    • Feb 2004

Moving to vBulletin 5 Connect from vBulletin 4.2.2 with Professional Installation

I would like to move my existing forum from vBulletin 4.2.2 to the latest version of vBulletin 5 connect with the Professional Install/Upgrade. Can you tell me if this would include backup of existing forum, Installation of 5 connect and restoration of all of my existing users and posts?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The installation process would include a backup of your current forum. However and upgrade would be performed on the existing database after the backup is created. The users and posts would be automatically upgraded.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Hank
      • Feb 2004

Thank You Wayne. Two additional questions:
      1. Could you tell me what the typical time frame is from purchase of vBulletin 5 Connect to the time when the upgrade will be completed?
      2. Is there a chat room client (either vBulletin or recommended 3rd party) that is compatible with vBulletin 5 Connect?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Hello,

1. The time frame varies, there is unfortunately no way to predict. It depends on how many people are in front of you and the availability of the technicians who will do the install. Sometimes it may happen the same day or next day following a purchase- but sometimes it may take several days or more until someone can complete your install. Please do not choose this option if you are on a tight schedule.

2. Modification are available on vbulletin.org- we do not provide support or recommendations for 3d party add-ons, but yes, I am aware of at least two chat add ons.

and
        Chat Modifications - vBulletin Chat Addon (123 Flash Chat)- Users Integrated, Mobile supported & Free host vBulletin 5.x Products & Extensions

However I have not used either one personally.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

I hear the first link (vbShout) Joe gave you is a good choice, the second link (123 flash chat) cost a bit of money. If you are looking for a professional chat for a business then you are better off with 123 flash chat.

If you just want to have a nice place for you members to communicate then I would go for the first choice. It's free though there is a pro version you can have as well. For a free chat, I believe it's a good option. Hope you find what you need.
          "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• tabu34
            • Jan 2015
            • 5.1.x

Thank You Wayne

Comment