X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nessane
    • Jan 2012

Another Joomla/Kunena conversion question

Yup I've seen a few threads asking this with no recent answers really (The last I found was 2010)... I looked through the import manual, couldn't find anything on the list for Kunena which is a Joomla add on that uses Joomla;'s databases I believe (getting a straight answer from either party is like pulling teeth really so not sure) for forums

Anyways I am really wanting to convert away from Joomla entirely to VB but I can't find any information on importing, as the forum I have has been active (though not highly) and I would hate to lose the posts switching to a new product after a year... There are some good posts on there. I would love to have an easy way of importing and styling should I buy vB but would be willing to pay to have someone do the importing if there isn't an easy way because I am admittedly not very capable in databases without really good instructions.
  • Jérémie
    • Feb 2003
    • 4.1.x

No answer to this? A shame, other people are having the same question…

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

This topic is almost 4 years old...

However as far as converting from Kunena to vB goes, there is no easy solution. The last post regarding this question can be found here (Nov. 2014), where Joe D. said the following:

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Hello - Unfortunately we do not have an importer for your current software. The list of software we can import from is here- http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=40202602

If you can find a way to to convert from your software to any of the tier 1 systems listed, you can then use that software as a middle-ground and import into VB 4.x from there.

There may be 3rd party sites that can do your import directly but we have no affiliation nor provide any recommendations on using such sites- that would be at your own risk.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Hello,

Sorry but there is no supported means of importing from Joomla/Kunena.

Comment

• Up2Vex
          • Sep 2015
          • 3.6.x

you will probably have to pay someone todo it for you.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Closing as this is an old thread and it has been answered.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...