• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbabbaro
    • Apr 2014
    • 4.2.X

vbulletin adsclassified with users comments

Hi everybody,
    I'd need to know if the vbulletin ads classifieds allow forum's users to comment below the ads uploaded by the seller. It should looks like a forum topic in which the seller posts his own ad and other users ask live the questions or simply comment the good shown.
    Hope in your answer, I'm a newbie, so I'm just trying to figure out if exist something like that in vbulletin.
    thanks in advance
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I think you may be talking about a modification as there is no vbulletin ads classifieds in default vbulletin.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• sbabbaro
      • Apr 2014
      • 4.2.X

I'm sorry, I didn't explain properly. I want to make my forum in vbulletin, but I'm also thinking to create a space for ads-classified, so I was looking for some vbulletin components/ widgets and so on that allow to creare ads-classifieds.
      As I ve zero experience with vbulletin I not even know exactly what websites to check for finding the right component. I found few ones, but for now, nothing that match with my idea.
      So I got here to ask if someone already know a component like that.
      What I'm looking for is a classified component that allow to put the price, to choose between categories and at the same time that works like in a forum, allowing other members of the forum to put questions below the classified:
      in this way everybody watching that page would have the benefit to read extra info of the product with questions asked by other members.
      In short, it should be a component integrated with the forum life:
      I've already seen something like that, but wasn't in vbulletin, that's why I'm here asking if someone more expert than me know something like that for vbulletin.
      thanks

Comment

• donald1234
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

You should ask over at www.vbulletin.org, that's the official modification and addon site.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

"Widgets" in vBulletin lingo are used on the CMS pages of vBulletin 4.x. There are widgets that show recent posts, show poll results, show static HTML/ads, and other others- it is unlikely a widget would help you for creating a classifieds site.

vBulletin, and VB 4.x in particular, can be expanded to do all kinds of things it was never intended to do, and I am absolutely sure VB 4.x could be used to create a good classifieds system- but the reality is it will take knowing a good deal of PHP, MySQL, and vBulletin programming to make it happen. Custom projects like this aren't supported here on vBulletin.com but you can find a lot of help (in the form of articles and sample code) on vBulletin.org. However you will have to already be a license holder before you can ask questions, see code, or download modifications at vBulletin.org.

Comment

• sbabbaro
            • Apr 2014
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by donald1234
            You should ask over at www.vbulletin.org, that's the official modification and addon site.
            I'd like to ask at www.vbulletin.org but my questions are aimed to see if vbulletin would suits with my website so I still didn't buy the vb license.
            I'm googling to find vb extensions but it looks like there isn't a place where to see a kind of list of extensions fo different needs; at least, I didn't find it yet.
            Anybody could advice me a website where to browse among diff extensions, components and so on! would be very appreciated cause I'm a newbie and I'm getting lost trying to find something.
            Where could I find a website with ads-classified modules for vb?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

vBulletin.org is the site that has the most "add-ons" for vBulletin. You can view their descriptions even without a license but you will be unable to download them.

vBulletin 4.x Add-ons are here:http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=245

vBulletin 5.x Add-ons are here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=258

Add add-ons on vBulletin.org are free.

Comment

• sbabbaro
                • Apr 2014
                • 4.2.X

I'd really some help; I'm stuck on a problem that I can't solve with the classified section.
                I've been "studying" how panjo works....but I guess the best way for my case would be making a modification directly on vbulletin pages as Lynne suggested.
                As I wrote in the first message I would like the users of the forum to write below the classified as if was a normal forum thread, while panjo allow just to put a link that bring to a forum topic on the same item in sale.
                The best would be having a simple (reply) button on the panjo classified that allow users to write there as we're doing here now.
                I think is not possible at the moment, so I would ask here am opinion from you.....if I could create a classified section on the vbulletin forum simply creating a form for sellers and a form for buyers, where the users can select the categories and so on........( as shown in panjo as well).
                I don't have any experience in that but is the way I would like my page to work, so I'll be very grateful if someone of you could simply tell me if creating a form could work for my aim.

I would need smth like this in the file attacched for the seller side:

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

If you need support for panjo, you need to get it from them. Sorry.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sbabbaro
                    I'd really some help; I'm stuck on a problem that I can't solve with the classified section.
                    I've been "studying" how panjo works....but I guess the best way for my case would be making a modification directly on vbulletin pages as Lynne suggested.
                    As I wrote in the first message I would like the users of the forum to write below the classified as if was a normal forum thread, while panjo allow just to put a link that bring to a forum topic on the same item in sale.
                    The best would be having a simple (reply) button on the panjo classified that allow users to write there as we're doing here now.
                    I think is not possible at the moment, so I would ask here am opinion from you.....if I could create a classified section on the vbulletin forum simply creating a form for sellers and a form for buyers, where the users can select the categories and so on........( as shown in panjo as well).
                    I don't have any experience in that but is the way I would like my page to work, so I'll be very grateful if someone of you could simply tell me if creating a form could work for my aim.

I would need smth like this in the file attacched for the seller side:

Thanks in advance
                    It is more than just a form, you would need to create the code to process that form and make changes in the database to store the info in those form fields. It is certainly possible but you need to know PHP, MySQL, and vBulletin coding to pull it off. We don't support such customization here but you can ask (and learn) about customizing vBulletin on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...