X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr X
    • Jul 2009

Thanks Button & Hide Code

Hi,

I am thinking to purchase Vbulletin now but i have some queries before i purchase this software.

How to add the Thanks Button and Hide Code in Vbulletin?

Also i want 5 last posts code as well

If i can find these and easily upload into the server without so much headache (as i am not not very good in scripting only time pass user )

Please kindly help and let me know how to do that and any links about these codes

Thanks
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Once you have purchase vBulletin core script, you then enter 'Member Area'. The next step is to select "Priority Forum Support" within the side column under Support Services heading. You will then add your Contact Email Addresses and tick under Site Permissions "vBulletin.org Forum"

You will then need to join vBulletin.org with same email you use within "Priority Forums Support"... <- It takes time to have you process at vB.org (volunteers)

You will find all those modifications within vBulletin.org.

Comment

• Mr X
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
      Once you have purchase vBulletin core script, you then enter 'Member Area'. The next step is to select "Priority Forum Support" within the side column under Support Services heading. You will then add your Contact Email Addresses and tick under Site Permissions "vBulletin.org Forum"

You will then need to join vBulletin.org with same email you use within "Priority Forums Support"... <- It takes time to have you process at vB.org (volunteers)

You will find all those modifications within vBulletin.org.
      Thanks Brother/ Sir

I have now purchased the core script and currently uploading the files on to my server

But when i opened the read me file it says you have to edit the config.php yourself and i have renamed the file but did not understand exactly what lines to edit.

Could you please help me out in this matter?

Your help will be highly appreciated and May God Bless You

If you want to know some details about my host and the website i can share it here and if possible help me edit that file please

Regards

Comment

• Nick
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mr X
        Thanks Brother/ Sir

I have now purchased the core script and currently uploading the files on to my server

But when i opened the read me file it says you have to edit the config.php yourself and i have renamed the file but did not understand exactly what lines to edit.

Could you please help me out in this matter?

Your help will be highly appreciated and May God Bless You

If you want to know some details about my host and the website i can share it here and if possible help me edit that file please

Regards
        You must request support in the proper support forum -- not the Pre-Sales Questions forum.
        Regards,
        Nick

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

For some reason, the sticky "How do I post in the Support Forums?" thread has disappeared or I simply cannot find it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

It's in Site Feedback but I've copied it here too.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• James Birkett
              • Jun 2009
              • 3.8.x

Hey,
              A thanks button requires a modification if you look over at vBulletin.org you can look for it in the Mods tab.

As for hiding code,
              Styles & Template > Styles Manager > Edit > BBCode Templates > Edit necessary template(s) (HTML/PHP/Code/Quote) and look for $code.
              With $code you need to build around it.
              Replace $code with:
              Code:
              <if condition="$show['member']">$code<else /><if condition="$show['guest']">{Message to show guests}</if></if>
              Make sure you only replace $code with the above code and nothing else, so where $code was previously should now have ALL of the code inbetween the code tags above.

Comment

• Nick
                • Feb 2008
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by James Birkett
                Hey,
                A thanks button requires a modification if you look over at vBulletin.org you can look for it in the Mods tab.

As for hiding code,
                Styles & Template > Styles Manager > Edit > BBCode Templates > Edit necessary template(s) (HTML/PHP/Code/Quote) and look for $code.
                With $code you need to build around it.
                Replace $code with:
                Code:
                <if condition="$show['member']">$code<else /><if condition="$show['guest']">{Message to show guests}</if></if>
                Make sure you only replace $code with the above code and nothing else, so where $code was previously should now have ALL of the code inbetween the code tags above.
                You aren't supposed to be giving support to members in forums outside of the support forums.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

• matheus2
                  • Oct 2014
                  • 5.1.x

does not appear help!

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                    • Jul 2014
                    • 5.1.x

You made a good choice with vb5. Good luck with your website.
                    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• matheus2
                      • Oct 2014
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud
                      You made a good choice with vb5. Good luck with your website.
                      I did not understand, because good luck with website.?
                      Last edited by matheus2; Sun 19 Oct '14, 9:23pm.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by matheus2

I did not understand, because good luck with website.?
                        I was wishing him luck.

Sorry I'm not able to help you. Still learning myself. You may want to post a support question thread in the vbulletin 5 section.

My guess is possibly the mod you have is not up to date with the version 5.1.3 and rather was made for an early version of vbulletin 5 if you have installed the mod correctly.
                        "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

Ok this is a really old thread from 2009 and relates to vBulletin 4, not vBulletin 5.
                          There is no "thanks" button in vBulletin anyhow - the question was about an add on.

If anyone has a support query regarding vBulletin 5, please start your own topic in the correct support forum and we'll try to help.

This is one of the many problems with bumping other people's threads...for support issues, it is always better to start your own thread with full details of the problem or question.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...