X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • echo_unlimited
    • Jan 2006

How much does vBullitin cost?

How much does a full license of vBulletin cost?

As in FULL license, and what do I get with the full license?
    I am thinking of buying a vBulletin license, from what I have heard it cost 91 pounds.

I have tried to purchase from vBulletin just to check out the price but this bit confuses me:

Questions are mostly in the ScreenShot

If some one can answer my questions then, that would be great, also I'd need a cheap reliable host any one?
    Last edited by echo_unlimited; Sat 28 Jan '06, 4:41am.
  • Cromulent
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.8.x

It costs £91 if you are buying 1 or 2 licenses, but goes down the more you buy. That is what the numbers to the left in the drop down menu of the bulk prices tell you. So for instance were it says 11 - 24 it means if you are buying 11 - 24 licenses then each one will cost £71.

As for the updates, you need to pay $30 a year (after your first year) in order to continue downloading updates to the forum software. Although you are not forced to do this, it is recommended.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
      • Jan 2006

Ok I only want one license, so this $30 a year is if you want the next version of vBulletin after the first year.

How much would it cost me all together with tax etc..

Comment

• Lats
        • Mar 2002

Jelsoft are being generous with the tax at the moment...
        As an UK-based company, in accordance with European Union tax regulations, Jelsoft is now required to charge VAT (value-added tax (sales tax)) at 17.5% on all products and services supplied to customers within the UK and EU, effective immediately. As a gesture of goodwill to our customers, we have decided to offer a temporary
        Lats...

Comment

• echo_unlimited
          • Jan 2006

Well I live in the uk.

Anyways it says the License is $160 including VAT ($136.17 + VAT) so thats $296.17

I fought the license was 91 dollars for one of them, now I am totally confused.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

VAT is only 17.5%. Unless you are paying 100% VAT, something is funny.

Anyhow, the license costs $160.00 USD at the moment, and in a few months, the rate for all EU members will increase because of the VAT. Currently all pricing has been maintained and Jelsoft is taking a loss on each sale as part of a transitional period.

As an FYI, after your one year free updates, and should you decide to want to be able to download updates to vBulletin (newer releases), it's gonna be $30.00 + 17.5% VAT
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Cromulent
              • Oct 2005
              • 3.8.x

If you buy now it will cost $160, which is roughly £91. If you wait then they will add VAT on top so it would make sense to buy now and save yourself the extra money.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
                • Jan 2006

Oh I see I got confused with the currency.

How much money will I save if I buy it now?
                Last edited by echo_unlimited; Sat 28 Jan '06, 4:57am.

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 3.7.x

'twould be the difference between the price posted above and the full price of US$160

_$160.00
                  -$136.17
                  __$23.83

Doing currency conversion, I'd hazard a guess around 10 or 12 pounds.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
                    • Jan 2006

Its not a lot of money difference.

Il buy it as soon as my card comes back.

Thank you though for the some what support.

So this License is going to cost me 91 pounds right?

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 3.7.x

Yes. It'll cost you exactly that if you buy it within the moratorium time frame.

After that period is over it'll cost you about 100, 103 or so.

Make sure you buy it within three months, eh? Save a bit of money for coffee or beer or something.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
                        • Jan 2006

100 pounds is not much, I was really expecting to pay more for such a powerfull forum software.

Also when you enter vbulletin.org for hacks and mods, can you add other people so they can access that site and its mods within. I've heard from some where you can do this, you see my best freind which lives down the street to me nows a lot about php and he could install mods for me.

Is that possible?

Comment

• Cromulent
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Yes, I think it is just a case of adding the e-mail address that he used to register on vb.org to your license information in the members area.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
                            • Jan 2006

ok, thanks, I've got the information I need for now.

Comment

• echo_unlimited
                              • Jan 2006

Does any one know a cheap reliable host?

I think the host 'will cost more than the license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...